Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

Getting Itchy Scaly Lesions on Hands from Tane?

Hi Guys,

My cat bit me while we were playing 2 weeks ago and the sore has become the size of a penny, scaly itchy and ugly. I went to the doc and she said that it doesn't look too bad but I think it does. Now. She also told me that my skin could be healing much slower from the tane.

Now i'm developing a similar but much smaller lesion on my right hand. What the heck??? My cat didn't bite me there?

I wash my hands all day could this be caused by dryness????? Help? eek.

You have probably developed a mild form of eczema from overwashing and stripping the natural oils from your hands. DO NOT use the industrial soaps in washrooms, or if you have to, then have a very emollient hand cream to put on as soon as you wash your hands. I have chronic eczema on my hands, elbows and neck, as soon as I even touch soap or even water, my hands start itching, and blistering...I have to moisturize like mad.

That happened to my for using that hand sanitizer thing I used it too much and the back of my hands got really dry...they're back to normal and it was only that one time it was like 2 weeks ago and I'm on my last strech of accutane just be sure to moisurize GO...I usually put a good moisturizer on my neck and my two arms as well as my hands every morning or after a shower, hope this works for ya too.

I don't know if this would be classified as a rash though. It looks to me like a big flat wart. I mean, it looks like a cauliflower texture, it's itchy and i want it gone like yesterday .........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

When my derm saw it she said nothing of it, just put polysporin on it???

This might sound goofy...but it usually works. I was on accutane, and it didnt really affect my hands but my upper arms got kinda scaly...but anyway!

Put neosporin or vasaline on your hands if you have like little cracks/cuts. If they are just really dry then put a good moisturizer on...but heres the trick. Put that stuff on at night and then put socks over your hands. When you wake up they will be a lot better. I usually have to do this in the winter. My mom taught me this. I dont know if the socks hold in moisture, or if it just prevents the massive amount of goo on your hands from getting all over you while you sleep, but it works!

GO it sounds like eczema to me and I get it on my arms from the tane. It can spread if not treated but try and get yourself some hydrocortisone steroid cream to put on it.

It's not serious at all. I had it on my arms and it kept spreading until my doctor gave me some steriod cream and it went in a couple of days. Haven't had it back since!

Could be Psoriasis. I get those raised dry scaly spots on my legs. My mom has Psoriasis and said that that is what it is. It was definetly triggered by the Accutane though as that dries your skin out. You need to moisturize. If you don't it will just get bigger and bigger. Maybe get a lotion specially made for Psoriasis.

Ok, you guys are officially scaring me. LOL. But the lesion is where the cat bite was. Would I be getting psoriasis and eczema from a cat bite? I'm becoming more obsessed with my hand now than my face. I went to the pharmacist yesterday and she said that when you get an animal bite a whole bunch of bacteria gets into your skin and that's why they put you on antibiotics immediately. So question: I'm on 60mg of tane right now: Do I really want to go on antibiotics too???

I'm not sure what eczema looks like and I have been fortunate not to have it. My hands, however, since Accutane, have been more prone to papercuts and have been very dry. I use Neutrogena Hand Cream several times a day and it helps. Your hands might just be overly dry.