Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My acne brought me to the point of near suicide. I was at my wits end. I felt hideous. Gross. Disgusting. Unwanted. Hopeless. Miserable. 

It caused me to have panic attacks and anxiety

now, finally I have gotten all of this under control and am living my life like a normal human being for the most part. Is my skin perfect? No. Is my emotional state 100% stable all the time? Definitely not. But I am coping and I want to help others know that they're not alone so I've started to discuss my struggle on YouTube. Feel free to message me or comment on my videos with any questions and hopefully we can get through it all together. Thanks so much. 

Much love 

http://youtu.be/ZI8c1u_zrgU

Thanks for posting, was both reassuring and inspiring :)

Also, just a curious question: did the spa "treatments" improve your skin or make things worse?

Edited by Ben007

The spa treatments WRECKED my skin, sorry definitely should have included that in the video! I'm going to make one about what actually did help my skin if you're interested! 

Thanks for this! I've been struggling with anxiety and panic attacks a lot this year, and the trigger is almost always my acne. It's alwtays reassuring to know I'm not alone. 

Your story about that spa was horrifying! I'm so sorry you went through that. I would've had a complete meltdown. The woman who runs that place sounds like a total con artist. And wtf was with her slapping your hand away when you were covering your face??

10 minutes ago, madeupdreams said:

Thanks for this! I've been struggling with anxiety and panic attacks a lot this year, and the trigger is almost always my acne. It's alwtays reassuring to know I'm not alone. 

Your story about that spa was horrifying! I'm so sorry you went through that. I would've had a complete meltdown. The woman who runs that place sounds like a total con artist. And wtf was with her slapping your hand away when you were covering your face??

Yes it was so awful!!! I don't know how the place is still in business. It blows my mind. 

Definitely reassuring to know there are others out there going through the same stuff!!