Notifications
Clear all

Switching from Yasmin to Lucette

MemberMember
(@remrem)

Posted : 11/13/2015 9:28 am

Wondering if anyone can help me.. I have been on Yasmin for nearly 8 months for birth control and to help with acne. However, when I recently went to get another pack of pills, they told me Yasmin is now called Lucette. After some research I found out that Lucette is actually a completely different pill that has the same active ingredients as Yasmin but is much cheaper to produce and therefore more cost effective for the NHS. At first I was annoyed that I was lied to by the doctor, but I'm willing to give them a go. Has anyone experienced any side effects changing to this pill? I'm particularly worried about my acne coming back

MemberMember
(@rebekahbrett)

Posted : 01/08/2016 4:23 am

At least you were told you were changing, I rang up my doctors and asked for a repeat perscription of Yasmin and they'd just left a note on the side saying I'm changing to lucette.
On Yasmin I had really bad migraines, mood swings, weight gain etc but Ive been on lucette a couple of month now and the majority of the symptoms have subsided apart I've been spotting for about 99% of the time and my sex drive has gone down to nothing.
I'm going back to the doctor and asking them to change me off it.
To do with ache, Yasmin made me skin horrible, got spots all the time but since I've been on lucette I haven't had any.

MemberMember
(@kayleigh-harrison)

Posted : 05/13/2016 2:29 am

I had been in Yasmin for 7 years and I had no trouble apart from recently. I started to suffer worse with my anxiety so I decided to stop it for a while (I had stopped it in 2014 to have my little boy). My skin was always brilliant whilst using Yasmin but when I stopped it got a lot worse so i decided to go back for the pill. The nurse told me yasmin has been recalled due to it causing heart conditions/ blood clots etc so she gave me Lucette. Now I am confused! After looking up Lucette and finding it is exactly the same as Yasmin just cheaper to produce why is it ok to take this but not Yasmin...it has be same risks, ingredients! Surly it's just as dangerous. I find it disgusting they are also allowing Lucette to be used knowing it carries the same risks. I get married this year and my skin is dreadful. I'm thinking of taking it to help clear it up but I'm so worried about other risks. However I was on it for so long without no trouble.