Notifications
Clear all

Help!! Dealing with depression, need some ecouragement

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/08/2015 10:47 pm

Hello all, I am feeling particularly depressed tonight. A little about myself, I am a 27yr old female. I've had completely clear skin all throughout my life, never wore makeup. EVER. All that changed 5 years ago, I started breaking out, I would only breakout once or twice a month but it was always cystic. I decided to go to the dermatologist and was prescribed with clindamycin and differin. It made my skin flawless again for a year almost 2, so I stopped using it. Then my acne came back, with a vengeance. Since the differin and clindamycin worked so well, I was prescribed those two again, it did NOTHING the second time. Since 2013 I have been going to the dermatologist, trying everything, these are a few of the things I have been prescribed: birth control, doxycycline, ziana, benzaclyn, onexton, aczone, epiduo, tetrinoin, tazorac, retin -a, clindagel, that's to name a few. None of these ever helped me to clear my face, some work a bit better than others but none of these were ever a cure, I always had at least one cystic breakout on my face. I have mild but persistent acne, until now. I came across this site while watching videos on youtube, I watched so many videos of people claiming how the regimen has helped wonders with their skin. So I said, "lets give it a try, this will be my last resort before Accutane." But here I am, finishing with week 6 and my skin is worse than I have ever seen it in my entire life. I feel like I have been transplanted into someone else's body, that I have someone else' skin. I want to give up so badly, from one or two cysts a month, now I get more than 2 weekly, I currently have 8 active breakouts, none of them are small, they all are inflamed bumps, can't hide them under makeup and I find myself feeling absolutely depressed, I have never felt this ugly and self conscious in my life. I know there are people with more severe acne out there, but the psychological effects of this horrible disease are not just experienced by them. I find myself obsessing about how my skin looks right now, I find myself comparing my skin with everyone I talk to, everyone I see and I feel like they do not pay attention to who I am and what I have to say, I feel like all they see is my acne. I keep canceling plans with my friends, I stopped going out, and even my relationship is suffering, I don't want to let my bf see me life this, we have been talking about moving in together and now I am pushing it back, I don't want him to wake up next to me. He has the most beautiful clear skin and I find myself feeling absolutely horrible looking at him and then at myself. I don't know if this regimen is working, because right now it isn't, like I said, I have never seen my face this horrible. I follow every step like my life depended on it, I am also vegan, I eat no meat, no dairy and have cut down my sugar a lot, meaning mostly chocolate, that is pretty much the only kind of sugar I used to consume. Needless to say I never eat fast food and stay away from fried greasy food (pizza and I had to go through a bad breakup, cheese was harder to give up than meat, no lie), I also work out at least 3 times a week, I am thin and as healthy as can be. So I can say I live a healthy lifestyle. Food def isn't the problem here. I just would like to know if anyone out there is experiencing or has experienced the same as me? I am about to quit and ask for Accutane because I do not know what else to do. My life has changed completely. I am living the hermit life, hibernation nation to the max, I would never imagine that acne will be bigger than my desire to see the world, but so far it is winning.

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/09/2015 3:34 pm

I am a 26 year old female and I can defo relate to your post and it's horrible isn't it... Im
at week 5 and I rekon my skin is at its worse too. I've suffered the odd break out here and then but never anything like this untill this all started last year.

a common cause for acne in women of our age is hormonal issues have you been tested for abnormalities in your hormones ? my blood test showed I may have PCOS and I am waking on a scan to confirm. I also have read from some ppl that the regimen will do nothing for hormonal acne. Where are most of your spots.. Mine started off on my chin last year huge cysts all clustered together that would be so painful so I went on doxy and clindamycin this worked pretty well for a few months till I had to stop as its not a perm treatment now my cheeks are covered in hyperpigmentation from old spots and maybe 2 or 3 active spots.

i know exactly where your coming from about being embarrassed around your bf etc I was like this to I even wore make up to sleep so he didn't see me without it but now I care less he knows how much it gets me down and he tries to reassure me.

I tried this thing called silver serum before I read amazing reviews about it maybe you should look it up but it wasn't strong enough for me I thought I was seeing some results but then I realised I really wasn't. I also spent 130 pound on a lumie clear acne light the reccomended use is 12 weeks I only used it for 4 as I started the regimen and u hold it up to your face and I thought this may be irritating and the regimen advises against anything that would itriate skin so I'm thinking of selling it on eBay.

I'm now trying to reduce the amount of BP I use back to pea size as I've read from a few ppl on the forum that this helped them. And tbh it was only when I increased the dosage that I started breaking out majorly

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/09/2015 7:20 pm

I am a 26 year old female and I can defo relate to your post and it's horrible isn't it... Im
at week 5 and I rekon my skin is at its worse too. I've suffered the odd break out here and then but never anything like this untill this all started last year.

a common cause for acne in women of our age is hormonal issues have you been tested for abnormalities in your hormones ? my blood test showed I may have PCOS and I am waking on a scan to confirm. I also have read from some ppl that the regimen will do nothing for hormonal acne. Where are most of your spots.. Mine started off on my chin last year huge cysts all clustered together that would be so painful so I went on doxy and clindamycin this worked pretty well for a few months till I had to stop as its not a perm treatment now my cheeks are covered in hyperpigmentation from old spots and maybe 2 or 3 active spots.

i know exactly where your coming from about being embarrassed around your bf etc I was like this to I even wore make up to sleep so he didn't see me without it but now I care less he knows how much it gets me down and he tries to reassure me.

I tried this thing called silver serum before I read amazing reviews about it maybe you should look it up but it wasn't strong enough for me I thought I was seeing some results but then I realised I really wasn't. I also spent 130 pound on a lumie clear acne light the reccomended use is 12 weeks I only used it for 4 as I started the regimen and u hold it up to your face and I thought this may be irritating and the regimen advises against anything that would itriate skin so I'm thinking of selling it on eBay.

I'm now trying to reduce the amount of BP I use back to pea size as I've read from a few ppl on the forum that this helped them. And tbh it was only when I increased the dosage that I started breaking out majorly

I know mine is def hormonal, I had surgery last year, I had a cyst taken out from one of my ovaries so I know that is what is causing it. My breakouts are a bit weird, my forehead is pretty clear, and I never breakout on my chin either, I only started breaking out there since I started the regimen. Most of my breakouts are on my left cheek, I also never breakout on my right cheek, so far I only got two breakouts there in 6 weeks of treatment. Right now I have two active ones on my left cheek and one on my chin, left side also. I am thinking about going to the doctor to see if I can get a hormone imbalance test, and maybe take some hormones to regulate it. I also read that gluten might be one of the culprits in adult acne. I am doing as much research as I can because accutane is a serious medication and I if we can find another way, why not try it, right? Check these out, maybe these can shed some light, I am going to stop eating gluten and see if that helps me a bit, I have also decreased the amount of bp I use and somehow I feel like the less I use the faster the inflammation goes away. Yesterday I got the one I have on my chin, it appear to be another cystic breakout but last night I put a pea size amount on and today I woke up with a whitehead, no longer a cystic breakout, and since I had a dermatologist appt today they extracted it (gross, I know) there is only a little bit of inflammation but nothing like yesterday. I will do the same tonight and hopefully the one on my cheek is flatter tomorrow.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/06/16/food-causing-acne.aspx
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maura-henninger-nd/gluten-and-acne_b_2601648.html
http://www.adult-acne.net/is-your-cystic-acne-a-result-of-gluten-allergy/

MemberMember
(@nies101)

Posted : 11/09/2015 10:17 pm

Maybe just don't use other products i've tried it before and even now but i'd rather say we just need to stick for natural remedy. Try to use Honey, Lemon, Ice cube. Day to day basis try to see the result for 1 month :) 

MemberMember
(@natalielucy)

Posted : 11/10/2015 3:24 am

I know mine is def hormonal, I had surgery last year, I had a cyst taken out from one of my ovaries so I know that is what is causing it. My breakouts are a bit weird, my forehead is pretty clear, and I never breakout on my chin either, I only started breaking out there since I started the regimen. Most of my breakouts are on my left cheek, I also never breakout on my right cheek, so far I only got two breakouts there in 6 weeks of treatment. Right now I have two active ones on my left cheek and one on my chin, left side also. I am thinking about going to the doctor to see if I can get a hormone imbalance test, and maybe take some hormones to regulate it. I also read that gluten might be one of the culprits in adult acne. I am doing as much research as I can because accutane is a serious medication and I if we can find another way, why not try it, right? Check these out, maybe these can shed some light, I am going to stop eating gluten and see if that helps me a bit, I have also decreased the amount of bp I use and somehow I feel like the less I use the faster the inflammation goes away. Yesterday I got the one I have on my chin, it appear to be another cystic breakout but last night I put a pea size amount on and today I woke up with a whitehead, no longer a cystic breakout, and since I had a dermatologist appt today they extracted it (gross, I know) there is only a little bit of inflammation but nothing like yesterday. I will do the same tonight and hopefully the one on my cheek is flatter tomorrow.
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/06/16/food-causing-acne.aspx

yeah I'm pretty sure that when I have my scan they are going to find cysts aswell. I never break out on my forehead either it's completely clear and my right side was always the worse now my left side has started to look just as bad. The acne being worse on different sides could be down to the side you sleep on or the side you hold your phone to your face. I've tried the washing my pillow cases every other day and didn't really work out.

Yewh you shohld get the test my derm reccomended that I get it but they can't determine PCOS untill I go for the scan. I haven't tried the no gluten thing but I did try no dairy and I found it really hard and prob didn't try it forlong enough. I will check out no gluten.

Thats weird you say that because since Sunday I've been using a pea sized amount and my chin is sooo much better literally nearly all flat I'm going to stick to using a pea size amount maybe the huge amount Dan reccomended is for people withacne all over there face

MemberMember
(@491164_1443953557)

Posted : 11/10/2015 3:22 pm

yeah I'm pretty sure that when I have my scan they are going to find cysts aswell. I never break out on my forehead either it's completely clear and my right side was always the worse now my left side has started to look just as bad. The acne being worse on different sides could be down to the side you sleep on or the side you hold your phone to your face. I've tried the washing my pillow cases every other day and didn't really work out.

Yewh you shohld get the test my derm reccomended that I get it but they can't determine PCOS untill I go for the scan. I haven't tried the no gluten thing but I did try no dairy and I found it really hard and prob didn't try it forlong enough. I will check out no gluten.

Thats weird you say that because since Sunday I've been using a pea sized amount and my chin is sooo much better literally nearly all flat I'm going to stick to using a pea size amount maybe the huge amount Dan reccomended is for people withacne all over there face

I have started my no gluten diet last night, I woke up with no new breakouts but it is still too early to tell. Right now I have 3 active ones on my left cheek, one is from week 5 that is still there, the other two are small so I don't mind them much. I have one on my chin and only one on my right cheek which has gone down a lot, but it is still there. I also decreased the bp, only been using a pea sixed amount so I hope that helps. I am looking at some other treatments that can help in the meantime. Have you ever heard of blue light treatments? They are a bit pricey but I figure maybe I could try to get a few while this regimen kicks in. I will done with my 6th week this week, I hope by week 7 or 8 I can see an improvement.