Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jezzabella114

Alcar Acetyl L Carnetine 1gram a day

I used this initially for my heart (it helps with palpitations etc) and noticed how much dryer my face became. It was so dry i could actually moisturize with emu oil which i did not mind at all.

It took 1-2 weeks to kick in, taking 1 gram in 600ml of water every morning, from a bpa free cup. I did not change my diet, but i did also drink more water (because i was drinking this in the first hour of being awake)

I stopped taking Alcar recently due to bad time management and have noticed how oily my face and hair has been lately, so i will be starting again tomorrow, as i have had tiny keratin bumps pop up around my face, neck and hair line.

I find it works for back acne (my scars actually healed after 6 months of taking this and MSM in water) aswell as neck acne, oily skin and oily hair.

This sounds reasonably safe (unlike overdosing on b5), so I went ahead and ordered a bag of alcar. It should arrive tomo, and I'll update within a week. 

On 11/18/2015, 1:24:16, Eugene said:

This sounds reasonably safe (unlike overdosing on b5), so I went ahead and ordered a bag of alcar. It should arrive tomo, and I'll update within a week. 

How are things going with this?

It doesn't do much, and that's with combining 500mg of b5. So far the only reliable thing that works temporarily is a topical gel I found

On 1/18/2016, 12:16:25, Eugene said:

It doesn't do much, and that's with combining 500mg of b5. So far the only reliable thing that works temporarily is a topical gel I found

Can you post the link to the product you used specifically (or private message)? I am on accutane at the moment, but would like to research it anyway.

It's a naturally produced in our body from the semiessential amino acid L-cartinine.  It's just an acetylation to the molecule creating Acetyl-L-Carnitine.  It works great alongside a good cardio set up and proper diet.  It helps increase fatty acid oxidation,  And coincidentally our skin's layers can be categoirzed as a lipid or fat.  Overall increase in the effective lipolytic activity so it's going to be seen at all physiological levels such as the endocrine system's adiponectin/adipcytes, our integumentary system, and immune health.  Those are just assoicated with acne, but this L-carrtinne isomer has a very diverse role that may arguably touch every level.

...Hahah pantothenic acid, I've read through those threads.