Should I hold off o...

Notifications
Clear all

Should I hold off on starting a regimen until after my first derm appointment?

MemberMember
(@denkadam)

Posted : 10/27/2015 11:17 am

Hello. Quick background: I am currently suffering from very bad body acne. It's covering my chest, shoulders, back and butt. Not so much my face, though. I started out with a few blemishes on my body here and there, but ever since I met my partner (~5 months ago) my skin has gotten dramatically worse. I believe it is cystic acne and it has absolutely destroyed every bit of confidence I have.

Anyway, I am interested in trying the acne.org regimen because I am becomingly increasingly anxious about my body acne with each passing day. BUT, I have an appointment with a dermatologist in about two weeks. I'm worried that my derm might tell me to ditch the regimen for something else, and then my money will have been wasted. Thoughts?

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 10/29/2015 5:59 pm

Wait for your derm appointment. Hear out what they have to say and weigh your decisions wisely. The Regimen isn't an easy routine to get into so you have to make sure the route you take will fit your budget, lifestyle and the effort you want to put in. It would be a shame to get into one routine then end up quitting soon after.