Notifications
Clear all

Slowly Overcoming Depression.

MemberMember
(@wizard17)

Posted : 10/21/2015 11:18 am

Recently, I have come to the realization that I've been letting acne control my life. Also, I kept going back to the past.I am always stressed about the fact that I had clear skin BEFORE and I keep feeling guilty that it was my fault that my acne got worse. There are times that I'd lose my faith and ask questions about my problems in life. But with the support I get from my family and friends as well as the strength that God has given me to be able live every single day in spite of my struggles, I've learned that there is so much more to life than just the way I look and others' perception of me. I told myself that life will go on no matter what happens. I must leave the past behind because it's over and I cannot do anything about it but rather pay attention to the present so that I may have a great future ahead of me. 

For the past few days I have started to work on myself and be better as a person. I can say that I'm starting to love myself and accept the way I look. I've also been exercising for 20 minutes each day it somehow makes me feel good. I will try my best to stay positive all the time. And slowly as days, months, and years pass by no matter how long it may take there will come a time that I can be fully satisfied and happy with my life.

Life is a gift from God and is worth living no matter how hard it seems IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE HAPPY. I don't care anymore about what others think of my face and my skin. I'll let them be. It's the right thing to do. They may be mean and rude to you but who cares? As long as you have God, your family and friends there is a reason to be happy. We must not let these people affect us and see us suffer because it will make them happy and want to destroy us even more. We must have the courage to stand up for ourselves and not let acne bring us down. I know that it is easier said than done but it is possible. :) I will love and accept myself that's what is important after all. I will do my best to become a good person :D  

TopHat44, Oichi, pursuit of happyness and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 10/21/2015 4:06 pm

Amazing! :D such a positive read, and the right mindset as well!

I'm trying my best to get over skin issues as well and, although my skin is a lot better than it was, it still does panic me whenever I get a new spot. I wanted to call in sick today myself actually because of my skin! 

It's not a quick fix, it's a process, but we'll get there! :) like the user above said, everyone does get acne and spots, and even if they dont they have other things they are self conscious about, e,g weight, teeth, hair, etc.. 🙂

wizard17 liked
MemberMember
(@zyyucla)

Posted : 10/23/2015 10:53 am

kudos for you having such a positive mindset

wizard17 liked
MemberMember
(@coolcrack)

Posted : 10/24/2015 10:25 am

In my experience, and from advice from some old people, most of the deseases starts from our mind.. Avoid small issues like ego, speaking I'll, negative thinking, unnecessary thoughts.. . All these thngs can effect our health... As there is an old quote, " face is our minds mirror".. Its true, when I look back in my life, I can tell, thats true..

wizard17 liked
MemberMember
(@tophat44)

Posted : 10/24/2015 4:24 pm

And just remember, millions have acne, it comes and goes don't worry about it! All a part of growing up.

Please don't tell people this. Some people never outgrow acne and will have it the rest of my lives. When I was growing up everyone told me that it would go away one day and it turned out that was false.

Gee, every single one of your posts are such debbie downers. Lighten up a little pal.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/24/2015 4:29 pm

And just remember, millions have acne, it comes and goes don't worry about it! All a part of growing up.

Please don't tell people this. Some people never outgrow acne and will have it the rest of my lives. When I was growing up everyone told me that it would go away one day and it turned out that was false.

Gee, every single one of your posts are such debbie downers. Lighten up a little pal.

He is not wrong, you know. If there is one thing I despise then it has to be people giving false hope and too high expectations to other people.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 10/24/2015 6:21 pm

So what are we meant to do? Sit here and just feel sorry for ourselves?

Look.. We all suffer from acne on this site. This is a place to vent, yes, but it's mostly a place to look for SUPPORT and methods for how to cope with it, to share stories and to encourage others.

If people are so negative as to completely abandon hope, then well done, but this isn't the site for that.

It's not false hope that most people grow out of acne - it's a factand, in my opinion and experience, stress and negativity contributes to a lot of acne in itself.

Seriously.. If someone posted 'Oh I have acne' and everyone replied with 'well you've got it for the rest of your life', what a completely pointless and horrible site we would have... And, ultimately, what a false site we would have.

Life goes on and people do get cured. Acne isn't a choice, but positivity and optimismis.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/24/2015 6:34 pm

So what are we meant to do? Sit here and just feel sorry for ourselves?

look.. We all suffer from acne on this site. This is a place to vent, yes, but it's mostly a place to look for SUPPORT and methods how to cope with it, to share stories and to encourage others.

If people are so negative as to completely abandon hope, then well done, but this isn't the site for that.

It's not false hope that most people grow out of acne - it's a fact, and, in my opinion and experience, stress and negativity contributes to a lot of acne in itself.

Of course not. How can you think of something like that? That's not going to improve our situation. I am saying and I always will be saying that our wellbeing should not merely depend on the state of our skin. That is such a stupid and self-destructive thing to do. I understand that people do that though, but it won't get anyone anywhere. It won't fix anything.
The stress and negativity does not come from acne. It comes from the fact that other people think that we have a deadly contagious disease. Like that they get instant cancer or instant aids when they even look at us, let alone touch us.

MemberMember
(@lore91)

Posted : 10/24/2015 7:09 pm

Lucas, please enlighten me and everyone else, what exactly do you want to gain from this site? What is your purpose here? Because, seriously, all you EVER post is negativity and disregard everyones suggestions and advice with argumentative and aggresive posts. You consistantly argue and troll on the forum, and it's got to the point where I really do just think you're just a troll account. For example; You post constantly on the hollistic forum about how it's stupid and how diet has nothing to do with acne. You know what? I agree. But I don't go and post how it's a ridiculous sentiment constantly for people who claim it works and who believe in it. If it works for them, it works for them.

In response to your above post. It's not a lie. The majority of people grow out of acne. It's a fact, and it is HIGHLY likely the OP will grow out of it at their age. You, yourself, claim to have uncurable acne, yet have not taken accutane, and say you will never grow out of it, but are in your twenties.

But do tell me. What do you actually want from this site? Yes, you're right, I don't own the site.. But I'm sure that the moderators agree that they don't want a trollish, argumentative and progressively negativeaccount on the forum.

Like I said earlier, the purpose of this forum is to help share stories and coping stratagies, not to wallow in self pity and to just dampen the spirits of others. I was suicidal when I first joined this site.. I contemplated suicide daily and had it planned. The people and posts on this forum helped me realize there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and a plethora of ways to cope until then.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/24/2015 7:36 pm

Lucas, please enlighten me and everyone else, what exactly do you want to gain from this site? What is your purpose here? Because, seriously, all you EVER post is negativity and disregard everyones suggestions and advice with argumentative and aggresive posts. You consistantly argue and troll on the forum, and it's got to the point where I really do just think you're just a troll account. For example; You post constantly on the hollistic forum about how it's stupid and how diet has nothing to do with acne. You know what? I agree. But I don't go and post how it's a ridiculous sentiment constantly for people who claim it works and who believe in it. If it works for them, it works for them.

In response to your above post. It's not a lie. The majority of people grow out of acne. It's a fact, and it is HIGHLY likely the OP will grow out of it at their age. You, yourself, claim to have uncurable acne, yet have not taken accutane, and say you will never grow out of it, but are in your twenties.

But do tell me. What do you actually want from this site? Yes, you're right, I don't own the site.. But I'm sure that the moderators agree that they don't want a trollish, argumentative and progressively negativeaccount on the forum.

I would like to talk about the accutane part. You don't understand accutane. It will likely not work with severe acne. I mean, there are absolutely no guarantees. It can clear acne up a bit, but the chance does exist that acne might come back in full force and accutane is not completely without risks. I have severe body acne, to the point of being cystic and I still get the occasional breakout on my face.

MemberMember
(@zyyucla)

Posted : 10/27/2015 12:19 am

But do tell me. What do you actually want from this site? Yes, you're right, I don't own the site.. But I'm sure that the moderators agree that they don't want a trollish, argumentative and progressively negative account on the forum.

Like I said earlier, the purpose of this forum is to help share stories and coping stratagies, not to wallow in self pity and to just dampen the spirits of others. I was suicidal when I first joined this site.. I contemplated suicide daily and had it planned. The people and posts on this forum helped me realize there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and a plethora of ways to cope until then. 

@Lore91 If you look at Lucas' and Alexander's other posts, they are basically all negative comments. Whenever someone makes positive posts or words of encouragement, they negate it by saying "there's no hope""it's not going to get better" blah blah blah.

I consider myself a person that thinks too negatively/worry too much but I have found great support from this forum. Yes my acne is pretty bad but I decide to change my mindset. You have to realize that it's a waste of time and energy to argue with trolls. Just ignore their comments, don't let other people's negativity contaminate your beautiful mind :)