Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
divadee62

African American Skin Problems-Hyperpigmentation

Posted

Hello all! I'm a African American woman with Hyperpigmentation(dark spots from old acne) on my cheeks chin and forehead that I would like to get rid of.

I'm currently using 30% Glycolic Acid(on my 6th week of peel),Beta Hydroxy Serum, Super CP Serum, Emu Oil, SPF 30 Avon Daily Moisturizer, Avon Deep Pore Cleanser and Blackhead Reducing Toner, and while my skin looks "glowy" and smooth, the marks have yet to fade.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to something stronger or that would work better for my skin. Just as a point of reference I am of the TYRA BANKS Complexion coloring. Thanks in advance for all of your assistance!

Posted

Hi, there is now a new forum just for that. It's still under:

Scar Forums >

Red marks left after acne

Posted

You might try a board search for hyperpigmentation as well.

Posted

try JASON C Light Skin tone balancer. it's sold at Vitacost.com for half the regular price. it started working for me within weeks. it's a natural treatment. i think it works well but it doesn't fade the marks completely. it could take months for the faded scars to completely disappear.

Posted

Thanks alot for the suggestions Twilight, I will definitely check out the products that you recommended! Thanks again!

try JASON C Light Skin tone balancer. it's sold at Vitacost.com for half the regular price. it started working for me within weeks. it's a natural treatment. i think it works well but it doesn't fade the marks completely. it could take months for the faded scars to completely disappear.

Posted

Hey Diva, my aunt recommended a product to me called Ambi. It has 2% hydroquinone and comes in a tube. I haven't tried it yet, but her skin looks great with it, really even skin tone. Acne runs in our family and she used this to clear up left over marks.

Posted
Hey Diva, my aunt recommended a  product to me called Ambi. It has 2% hydroquinone and comes in a tube. I haven't tried it yet, but her skin looks  great with it, really even skin tone. Acne runs in our family and she used this to clear up left over marks.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've seen Ambi products in stores, but never heard anythinb about it. It might be worth a try! Thanks!