Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blitzjade

Retin-a Journal

Day 9:  The lump forming on my chin that I was positive was going to turn into a massive cyst has gone away.  I am breaking out on my cheeks and jawline now.  Lucky, the pimples are small, close to the surface of the skin, and go away quickly.

Also, I've noticed that areas of my face that used to have a slight red tint to them (my chin) have returned back to a normal color. 

I've been squeezing blackheads out of my nose.  Its satisfying yet disgusting at the same time.

Thanks for the tips Andrei!  I have lived by moisturizer for the past year so I always have that handy.  So far the tea tree oil is helping get rid of breakouts, but if they get worse I'll switch to BP.  I would use SA but the pamphlet that came with the tretinoin said not to use SA as it may interfere with the medicine.

Day 10: I have a rather large zit on the left side of my face. It has a head, but I attempted to squeeze it and nothing happened so I'm leaving it alone.

My face is less oily (thanks to my awesome tea tree oil) and more blackheads keep coming out.

Otherwise, my skin looks pretty damn good!!

Day 11: Breakouts suck! Im getting quite a few zits on my face, but they are very close to the surface of my skin, which makes them easy to deal with. I squeezed out some more blackheads today.

Im holding out though. I trust that this will do what my doctor told me it would (clear my skin). I just need a lottttt of patience!

Day 12: I have even more pustules on my face. Luckily they are small.

Blackheads on my nose are more obvious and are protruding even moreso.

Day 12: I have even more pustules on my face.  Luckily they are small. 

Blackheads on my nose are more obvious and are protruding even moreso.

They arent cysts. They are tiny little zits that are at a head.

I've started using BP though, I think that'll be stronger than the tea tree oil...

They arent cysts.  They are tiny little zits that are at a head. 

I've started using BP though, I think that'll be stronger than the tea tree oil...

Day 13: Its amazing to have my nose not be covered in a bunch of black dots...

Quite a few whiteheads are coming to the surface, but they are not discolored at all and are hard to see unless you come very very close to my face.

My chin is breaking out some more, but the other breakouts I have had are/have faded.

My regimen is the follow. I use Olay foaming cleanser morning and night, BP in the morning, tretinoin at night, and Clean & Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer every morning after I apply BP.

Day 14: Really no change. I thought I'd include a photo though (as much as I would prefer not to...).

I can't seem to put it in the post so I'll make a gallery...

Day 15: I broke out some more today, past breakouts went away, and my face STUNG today! For an hour or two after I applied BP my face stung pretty bad. I think I may lay off the BP for a day!

Also, one of my friends came up to me and said, "Mark, did you put on bronzer or something? You have more color in your skin". One of my other friends agreed. I have VERY fair and pale skin so its always nice to hear that I don't look like I'm about to keel over and die, although I'm not sure whats giving my face more color.

I never got the picture up. I'll try one more time.

Day 17: I'm so sick of this!! I have more zits than when I started... My skin is very soft and smooth though. As bad as this may get, I'm not going to stop using it! I'm confident it will work for me.

Also, I decided to ditch the BP for now. I'm sick of looking in the mirror and seeing white flakes on my skin.

Day 17:  I'm so sick of this!! I have more zits than when I started...  My skin is very soft and smooth though.  As bad as this may get, I'm not going to stop using it!  I'm confident it will work for me. 

Also, I decided to ditch the BP for now.  I'm sick of looking in the mirror and seeing white flakes on my skin.

Day 19: As much as it sucked having zits today, it was nice to see that the areas of my skin that were clear were very smooth and glowing. It almost made up for the fact that I absolutely did not want to go to school today.

As if that isnt bad enough, I got my first cold sore since elementary school. Oh well, its pretty small and I've been loading abreeva onto it.

AHH I HATE ACNE!!

I also switched to Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion with SPF15 and have begun using BP again.

Day 20: No new zits today. The ones that were bad yesterday have dissapeared about 50%. And in other news my cold sore is going away. Go abreva!

Day 21: One new zit today. Very small though.

The other zits I had have pretty much faded. Its amazing to have breakouts fade and not leave rediculous redmarks!

Day 22: No new breakouts. My old ones have almost completely faded! Also, I switched back to my C&C moisturizer because the neutrogena one was making my face look greasy.

Day 24: My skin looked good today. No new breakouts, I can see more blackheads coming out of my pores and another person commented that my skin has more color.

Also, I have begun to apply moisturizer after applying the retin a. It basically eliminates any dryness.

Day 25: I stopped applying moisturizer after applying the Retin A because the instructions that came with it didn't really comment on doing so so I decided not to risk anything.

I felt really confident today! My skin looked very good. Unfortunately I feel something growing on my chin, but hopefully I'll kill it with BP!

Mark, you're doing it wrong..

Moisturize in the morning. do not moisturize AFTER (on top of) applying retin-a.

You can also moisturize at night but 30-45 mins BEFORE putting retin-a

Cheers!

Day 29: I was away in VT so that explains my lack of updates...

For a couple days my skin looked GREAT but I did break out today. Its not nearly as bad as some of the initial breakouts I got, but its still depressing.

Its amazing to see my nose. I used to think some of the blackheads on my nose were tiny (Afterall, some were only a tiny tiny little blackdot) but now that they are all coming to the surface I am realizing how BIG they are! Its insane that I have had these nasty things in my skin for years.

Also, my forehead is breaking out like crazy. Many zits and MANY blackheads are coming to the surface of my skin. I havent been using BP on it because im afraid of bleaching my hair but I may start using it (very carefully!).

Day 30: I broke out some more on my face, but the zits are very small so I really don't care that much.

My neck is broken out too, it looks worse than my face!