Notifications
Clear all

Stopping And Restarting Brevicon Gave Me Acne?

MemberMember
(@sacredsmoke)

Posted : 09/13/2015 1:36 pm

I broke up with my ex boyfriend this past March, so when I ran out of pills I just took the month of April off them out of laziness. Going off of Brevicon, I noticed zero difference in my skin it was just as clear as always. However I started back up in May and within 3 weeks my face exploded! My usual problem areas (forehead, nose, cheeks) have stayed pretty clear,but I've been getting these nasty breakouts around my lower jaw and chin which is the tell tale sign of a hormonal issue. I was hoping that just staying back on the pill would regulate things, but I'mstill getting these breakouts and topical treatments aren't doing much for me. My skin was so clear and beautiful before and I'm really mad at myself for not re upping my prescription :(

Any advice on how to tackle this?

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 09/19/2015 10:14 pm

Something similar happened to me, only i was taking yaz. I stopped and restarted 2 weeks later, which sent me on a 2 year long horrible breakout spiral. It was at its worst ever in my life. I went on and off yaz the first few months but then it was bad either way so I just decided to stick with it. It took a while but my skin is more or less okay at this point, even though the large breakouts never completely stopped. Check out my log if you want, Loryna (Yaz) Log. What helped me was getting on inositol, cutting back on fat and sugar, eating more veggies and fruit, and regular exercise. Good luck!