Skin Better After C...

Notifications
Clear all

Skin Better After Cutting Back Dairy/grains And Also Leaving Bp On For 30 Mins Before Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@bocaj)

Posted : 09/10/2015 9:38 am

Hi there,

I have been a member for a long time. I took Accutane in 2007 which helped my acne significantly but I keep with the regimen to maintain my skin b/c I still break out. I had a bad breakout in May 2015 so I needed to find other treatments.

Eventually I read more about the dairy/grain and acne connection so we decided to try that out. I also saw Dan's advice about leaving the BP gel on for 15 minutes to let it absorb and I never did that I only waited maybe 5 which helped b/c initially my face would burn when putting on moisturizer right after.

I also did take more care with how I wipe my face since I get oily skin; I use tissue paper which I used to keep in my pocket but I figure my pocket is probably dirty too so now I keep it in a plastic bag in my pocket which is more sanitary.

SO AFTER 2 WEEKS my face cleared up and even the small bumps I get here and there went away. I know I made a couple of different changes so its hard to know which one did it but I think all are helpful and I don't care as long as it works. So it has been a few months now and I have had a couple of small zits only in that time which I never had before.

So I just wanted to share this in case people have not tried this out yet b/c it may be helpful for some. Take care

Regimen:

Cetaphil cleanser

Proactiv toner

Dan's BP gel (wait 30 mins) after

Aveeno moisturizer

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 09/12/2015 1:25 pm

If this is working well for you, congrats! Glad you have found something that works well. :)

MemberMember
(@thenatural)

Posted : 09/12/2015 11:13 pm

I usually do that... leave the benzoyl peroxide on for 15 minutes or more. I think it helps it be absorbed better by not using the moisturizer too soon. Since bp is the main ingredient, I figure the most important part is for the skin to absorb it without it being unabsorbed and then mixed/interrupted with moisturizer.

I've done it this way earlier this year with no problem. A longer time between the bp and moisturizer is the only thing I've changed.