Notifications
Clear all

Aha Purging

MemberMember
(@terenxe)

Posted : 09/10/2015 6:19 am

Hi guys,

It's been 3 weeks since I started on the AHA. So far my skin is smooth but I get random spots here and there.

Can I ask how long does the purging last? And should I continue with the aha?

Thanks in advance! :)

MemberMember
(@terenxe)

Posted : 09/15/2015 2:21 am

It depends. If you were already clear before using the AHA, then there shouldn't have been a purge at all. Considering you're following the Regimen precisely, I'd say 3 weeks max. However, you mentioned that it's been 3 weeks already, so I'm led to believe that you're unable to clear your skin using BP. There are many factors that could break you out. Could you explain what you're doing?

Hi,

I only have mild acne so I only do spot treatment using bp. I think the aha is purging because I have red spots on the area which I'm cleared before I started. But is calm now after a week or so. Just that I have some red marks left over.

I used 1/4 aha with 1pump of mosturizer every 2-3 days now. I also have lesser breakout now.

Do you think I'm doing everything correctly?

MemberMember
(@terenxe)

Posted : 09/15/2015 10:34 pm

It depends. If you were already clear before using the AHA, then there shouldn't have been a purge at all. Considering you're following the Regimen precisely, I'd say 3 weeks max. However, you mentioned that it's been 3 weeks already, so I'm led to believe that you're unable to clear your skin using BP. There are many factors that could break you out. Could you explain what you're doing?

Hi,

I only have mild acne so I only do spot treatment using bp. I think the aha is purging because I have red spots on the area which I'm cleared before I started. But is calm now after a week or so. Just that I have some red marks left over.

I used 1/4 aha with 1pump of mosturizer every 2-3 days now. I also have lesser breakout now.

Do you think I'm doing everything correctly?

Breakouts, although mild, are to be expected if you only spot treat. Remember: BP prevents acne. It doesn't do much for acne which has already formed. If you want completely clear skin, you'll most likely have to use it as an allover treatment.

But to be honest, if your acne is mild, AHA alone might be able to keep you clear, provided you use it often. We're talking at least once/day here.

Also, use as much AHA as you can handle. I mix 1/2 moisturizer w/ 1/2 AHA once/day. At one time I used this combination twice/day. See what your skin can handle. Be sure also to apply sunscreen every day.

Alright. I shall try using 1/2 aha 1/2 moisturizer every night and see how it goes!

How long does your red marks take to fade?

MemberMember
(@terenxe)

Posted : 09/17/2015 6:36 am

They still haven't faded (even after using it for about a year). I use AHA to help prevent dryness and to enhance the effect of BP.

Currently I have a few zits from purging, should I apply bp on it or just use aha with mosturizer whole face once per day?