Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have these mostly on my forehead. I've tried EVERYTHING! Gentle cleansers, BP and SA topicals and cleansers (both on there own and Botchla's), numerous scrubs, B5 + other vitamins and supplements. AARGH!

Would an AHA cleanser help? Like "Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash"?

When you are done washing your face with a mild cleanser (ex. cetaphil gentle cleansing BAR , not lotion) EVERY SO GENTLY use a facecloth to exfoliate your skin by GENTLY rubbing it once (in a circular motion) on your face. Just oncxe and gently. It shouldn't irritet your skin at all. If it does, you are pressing too hard. I barely apply any pressure so I just exfoliate the dead skin and don't scrape off the new sensitive skin the is forming. It's worked wonders for me. Just this has cleared my 60-70 %. Just make sure to wash your washcloth with antibacterial soap before you use it, EVERYTIME.

Good luck

rubbing (even gently) i think will just apply pressure to the bumps, which will enflame them.

The reason the bumps are there is because your skin is not exfoliating properly, and bacteria is trapped under the dead skin. (dead skin sort of glued together with excesss oil produced by your skin)

SA based products will help, but your best bet is getting either differen gel or retin-a from a dermatologist.

If the bumps are EXTREMELY small, you may just try a soothing moisturizer that contains aloe or some other extract, and that may do the trick of reducing the inflammation to the point where you no longer notice them.

Use any product in extreme moderation, as applying "more" of something will just increase irritation, not effectiveness.

Cheers,

-Eric

i would recommend retin a micro from a derm. i know exactly what you're talking about cause i used to have them. i had them extracted and i haven't really gotten any new ones...you might try having them extracted.

aha helps smooth out the skin. you can try aha (alpha hydroxy acid), mandelic acid, and/or glycolic or lactic acid peels. i think that should help over time. retin a micro sounds pretty good too but i think it can be very expensive.

I have these mostly on my forehead. I've tried EVERYTHING!   Gentle cleansers, BP and SA topicals and cleansers (both on there own and Botchla's), numerous scrubs, B5 + other vitamins and supplements.  AARGH!

How long did it take for them to go away. I have been using the C&C for about 2 weeks, and they seem to be getting a little bigger. At least they look different. Did you have any similar effects??

Believe me guys, using a clean and wet face cloth and EVER SO LIGHTY applying pressure on my skin, barely any has been better for my skin than any cream or product. Retin-a and ahas and bhas are SO SO SO irritating to many people. I have the most sensitive skin in the world, and using a wet and clean facecloth on my face twice a day has worked better than anything I've used in 10 years. I don't RUB, I just can't hink of another verb, it's like a gentle caresse. There. A caresse.

The last thing you want to do is irritate your skin... creams and aha and bha are deadly for some people.

How long did it take for them to go away.  I have been using the C&C for about 2 weeks, and they seem to be getting a little bigger.  At least they look different.  Did you have any similar effects??