Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin B5 Vs Fermented Cod Liver Oil

MemberMember
(@richyrich36)

Posted : 08/18/2015 5:47 am

Hi all!

I would like to share my newly acquired experience with you based on a couple of supplements.

From when I was 15 I started getting acne and thought it was just a puberty thing. I thought it would pass by the time I was 18. I read that if you Live a HEALTHY and FIT lifestyle you wont breakout as much, So from when I was 16 I started eating really healthy and I played sports about 4 times a week ( didnt do anything. from this point on I still workout 4 times a week and eat healthy). The year I turned 19 I started trying out creams and topical treatments and went to the doctor a couple of times . I am currently 23 and have been to the doctor several times: tried doxycycline(worked a bit, but side effects were much worse) Tried spironolactone( Couldn't see any noticeable results and made me very dizzy at higher dosages). Tried ALOT of topical treatments including Vitamin C, Lemon, Snailgel. list goes on and on. Basically all the topical treatments that were supposed to help.

So after trying all the topical treatments, I never really believed in that stuff anymore. Acne comes from inside and therefor needs to be treated from the inside.

About 3 months ago I started doing more research on supplements. I read that Vitamin b5 did wonders on a lot of people, So I thought lets try that out. Started taking 1.5gr a day combined with L-carnitine, that way you wouldnt have to take such a high dose of vitamin B5. So about 1-2 weeks in, I did not really see any change( I was on vacation at the time) So I thought what the hell, lets try more. I amped the dose up to 3 grams a day, and about 4 days later I noticed that my pores were smaller and had less breakouts! I couldnt believe it!! Finally a supplement that works. (although I was still a little skeptical) day by day I started bringing up the dose and after 2 weeks I was taking 5grams a day Plus 1000mg of L carnitine( altough I don't think the carnitine really contributed). Also the other effects of the VItamin B5 and carnitine were: Thicker/faster growing hair, even helped against dandruff and Fatloss! I didn't have any side effects!

However, after about a month, I was still breaking out a little and maintained the red scars.

Not like before though! Although I was still determined to find a better solution. Because at the end, I don't want to be taking 10 pills a day. 1: Its really unpractical, imagine going over to friends or having dinner, but in the back of your mind you're thinking about pills. 2: I don't think it can really be beneficial to take a high dose of supplements in the long run, eventhough I wouldnt mind. (anything to get rid of acne right).

After Vitamin b5 I took MSM( untill yesterday, took it for about 3 weeks) MSM did not do anything.

So after doing more research I found out that Fermented Cod liver oil is supposed to be like the miracle cure for a lot of people. I ordered it about a week ago. And have been taking 1/4tsp first 3 days, after 1/2tsp. Ive read that people saw results after 3-4 days! Well unfortunately... It has not been the case for me. I am actually breaking out more, even on spots that I usually do not break out! I believe that there are two types of people that react differently on FCLO. 1: People who believe that you need the types of vitamins that FCLO provides in your body and that it cleares up acne. 2: People that think it is rancid and actually harmfull, causing more acne. Yep, after experimenting with it, I definitely categorize myself a nmb 2. Not only do I break out more, my sweat really starts smelling dirty. Thats always great, paying 40eu for a supplement and not seeing results.

Besides the FCLO I also bought DIM. So I will be taking that starting today! Slowly amping up the dose, probably going to start with 1 Pill a day. contains(250mg DIM) In addition to DIM I am also going to take Vitamin B5 again. 4 caps a day( 1gr per cap)

Working on clearing up my acne and my red scars!

To Give you a recap of this whole story: For me Living healthy does NOT work. It is really a hormonal issue I believe. Plus Sometimes I eat really unhealthy and do not break out as much as when I do. Topical treatments do NOT work for me! I find it very unpractical aswell, due to the length of time. I am constantly sleeping over at friends houses here and there, I do not have time for all these regimens! FCLO MAKES MY ACNE WORSE. vitamin B5 really helps, to an extent.

Starting today going to take DIM and vitamin b5 again. I will keep you guys posted on my results.

I attached 2 pics. 1 is from when I was on Vitamin B5, the other on FCLO.

Does anybody have a good supplement for clearing up scars?

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is much appreciated :)

MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 08/18/2015 1:14 pm

I tried the B5 Pantothenic acid method to see if it would reduce my acne and lessen the sebum output from my pores. While it did help, I found that I had to pop more pills than I cared to swallow in a day to get enough B5 to see any meaningful results. It was expensive to buy the pills and in the end I didn't think it was worth it. Now, I know they sell B5 in a powdered form so it might make it easier if you can buy a big tub and then mix it with water to drink. I like to use a light non-greasy moisturizer like jojoba or cerave to keep my skin from becoming to oily.

MemberMember
(@richyrich36)

Posted : 08/20/2015 4:56 am

I tried the B5 Pantothenic acid method to see if it would reduce my acne and lessen the sebum output from my pores. While it did help, I found that I had to pop more pills than I cared to swallow in a day to get enough B5 to see any meaningful results. It was expensive to buy the pills and in the end I didn't think it was worth it. Now, I know they sell B5 in a powdered form so it might make it easier if you can buy a big tub and then mix it with water to drink. I like to use a light non-greasy moisturizer like jojoba or cerave to keep my skin from becoming to oily.

MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 08/20/2015 10:29 am

Richyrich36 your face looks amazing and clearly the B5 has been working for you. I just couldn't keep on downing multiple pills of B5. I've heard of people swallowing up to 20 pills to start off with then slowly reducing the number once their acne/oil issues start improving. I'm going to check out your video. It seems like coconut oil has helped lots of people its one of my favourites.

MemberMember
(@baxtermcdoobinson)

Posted : 09/01/2015 10:05 am

I don't understand the comparison between two radically different supplements. Cod liver oil is providing a very understood benefit to the heart, but the notable vitamins such as A and D can be found in higher concentrations elsewhere.

Pantothenic acid is more in the realm of fatty acid oxidation, lipid metabolism.... It would help mitigate the possibility of keratin overproduction as well as sebum.