Notifications
Clear all

Vitamins And Diet

MemberMember
(@fiercequince)

Posted : 08/16/2015 8:13 pm

I'm a 17 year old male expirencing completley normal forms of mild acne due to puberty. My mom constantly tells me your just going to have to tough it out and live with it till it goes away but I am determined to get clear skin and prove her wrong. For the past month or so I have used a salcylic acid cleanser and benzoyl peroxide lotion as well as a toner and mostuirEr and that has helped quite a bit however it has not completley cleared my skin. I now want to take an interal approach to treating my acne so I can completley eliminate it. My question is what are the best supplements you guys have found to help with your acne and also has anyone changed their diet and noticed significant improvements. keep in mind I am a teenager so I know my acne is completley due to wild hormones so I'm looking for supplements that can maybe control my testosterone among other things. I read that saw palmetto is good for teenage boys acne but I'm not sure whether to take it or not. My diet is very healthy as I am an athlete I rarely eat fast food or anything bad. Please let me know the best supplements and dietary changes I can make to help out my acne.

Thank you guys so much

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 08/17/2015 3:12 pm

Apple cider vinegar, lemon water.

Avoid processed crap. Eat a natural diet, nothing packaged in a box.

MemberMember
(@sallyy75)

Posted : 08/18/2015 9:53 am

You know using vitamins from pure chimp company helped me much in solving a lot of skin problems from within.

MemberMember
(@rachkellz)

Posted : 08/22/2015 6:30 pm

I posted something in the Diet and Holistic Health forum that should help a lot. I'm only 2 years older than you as well

MemberMember
(@thenatural)

Posted : 08/22/2015 9:18 pm

Vitamin D, Zinc, and Vitamin C. This is what I take and it has helped.

Vitamin E is in my moisturizer, which is said to heal scars.

The specific amounts are Vitamin D (5000 iu), Zinc (30 mg) and Vitamin C (1000-2000 mg).

This talks more about it. http://www.acne.org/diet.html