Notifications
Clear all

Using Makeup Whilst On Accutane

MemberMember
(@daredevil)

Posted : 07/24/2015 8:34 pm

Hey there!

Is there any suggestions out there on what to use while on Accutane?

My skin is pretty splotchy from the side effects of being on it so foundations tend to go on cakey and extremely uneven, especially on the dry patches. So far I'm just using Maybelline BB cream on areas where I need it most (discolouration, noticeable pimples, scars, etc.) I'm on the hunt for something that is acne-prone friendly and offers a little more coverage than a BB cream but not a thick foundation. I've tried Tarte foundation and it has really good coverage and is sort of heavy, but it goes on terribly. I've heard good reviews on anything from Clinique but I'm not too sure as I have heard a lot of mixed reviews.

I've tried the Garnier BB cream with Salicylic Acid and it was terrible. It broke me out even more.

I used to be a combination skin but Accutane has changed that. I'm still a little oily, but more on the dry side now. I'm asian skinned tone, so yellow undertone

Any makeup tips/advice is more than welcomed! I'm always on the hunt for good concealers and foundations or any suggestions that will help my face appear less pimply! :)

MemberMember
(@dumbfairy)

Posted : 07/27/2015 3:36 am

Good preparation is key! I went in to my local MAC store and purchased their 'mineralize charged water'. I spray it over my face before and after applying my make up and I find that my make up stays on all day and my skin hasn't been that dry. It can be applied during the day to refresh your face.

MemberMember
(@ihateusernamesx)

Posted : 07/28/2015 1:14 pm

Agree with dumbfairy! A good moisturiser and primer and spray will definitely keep your skin from drying up and looking flakey when wearing foundation, even after you finish accutane. I would recommend my foundation (revlon colorstay) as it feels light on my face but the coverage is UNREAL I barely have to use much concealer and it lasts forever on your face and the bottle itself, I only need to buy it twice a year even though I wear make up 5 days a week. HOWEVER... it seems it has really mixed reviews, just like Clinique. Had to stop using Clinique purely because I am so pale I looked orange. I think *most* foundations will have mixed reviews and sometimes I have found its all trial and error to see what, if any, break you out

MemberMember
(@kmari)

Posted : 07/29/2015 11:46 pm

As the other two above said, a good moisture spray goes a long way!

I use the Clinque Moisture Spray, its in a pink bottle. I spray a lot on my face after I do my makeup and it helps my dry patches a bit.

But I highly recommend the ELF mineral water, its only $3! If you live in the states it'll probably be easier to find.

I use Loreal's True Match foundation, it isn't drying but if you dont use any moisturizer or spray you'll see patches.

As for moisturizer I just use cetaphil because it has no fragrance and its very gentle.Schedule

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 08/12/2015 12:50 pm

I'm just using a damp cloth to get rid of flakes, moisturizing with acne.org moisturizer + jojoba occasionaly, a light concealer stick, and then Pur Minerals foundation. It gets great coverage, is non-comedogenic, and feels super light.