Notifications
Clear all

Salt Link To Acne?

MemberMember
(@frenchie86)

Posted : 07/17/2015 10:52 am

Hello everyone!

I tried to find a topic about salt but couldn't find anything recent or that interesting.

I was wondering if any of you found that eating salt was a trigger food or made your acne worse? Or has anyone ever read about it?

My skin hasn't been too bad this past year as I eat better and went on accutane but it's been flaring up again lately and I wondered if salt might be the culprit (I'm not saying it is though, just looking into it).

Thank you

MemberMember
(@holdingontohope)

Posted : 07/20/2015 6:57 pm

I remember eating fast food and having the clearest skin. Not sure exactly what it was, but maybe the salt?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 07/21/2015 7:05 am

Low sodium can be just as bad. It really depends on what the cause for your acne is. And as you probably realized by now, accutane won't cure the cause for your acne, that's why it keeps coming back.

MemberMember
(@sustakp)

Posted : 07/21/2015 7:07 pm

Be careful...:) I had really clear skin on a diet high in veggies and fruits and very little salt, but I was killing my adrenals...as my sodium potassium ratio was off ...please be careful...getting my adrenals up again is taking me a lot of work...and acne is nothing compared to going through adrenal fatigue..

Hello everyone!
I tried to find a topic about salt but couldn't find anything recent or that interesting.
I was wondering if any of you found that eating salt was a trigger food or made your acne worse? Or has anyone ever read about it?
My skin hasn't been too bad this past year as I eat better and went on accutane but it's been flaring up again lately and I wondered if salt might be the culprit (I'm not saying it is though, just looking into it).
Thank you

WishClean liked