5% Bp As The Best C...

Notifications
Clear all

5% Bp As The Best Choice?

MemberMember
(@dcwg)

Posted : 06/22/2015 10:02 pm

I've been on Dan's regimen for a long time. It has helped my acne, but I still breakout mildly-moderately even with it. It seems like 2.5% BP is not enough to stop all the pimples. I remember multiple times when I would leave the BP on in the morning, and come back in the afternoon with a pimple starting to form. I then switched to persa gel 10, basically a 10% BP. It seems to work wonderfully at keeping my skin clear of pimples, but it's extremely drying and made my skin red and flaky. I only use it for spot treatment now. However, I still need a BP that I can apply to my whole face. Would 5% BP be the next best thing to try? I've tried tretinoin before, and sometimes, I'll still find a pimple starting to grow even if I've left it on in the morning.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 06/22/2015 11:13 pm

I used to use 5% BP regularly! While it didn't get rid of my acne, it was way better than Dan's 2.5% stuff. In fact I found that his dried my skin out faster, but that may just have been a different ingredient in Dan's.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/24/2015 6:33 am

2.5% is really the ideal formula for the majority of people. 5 and 10% formulas are typically too harsh for most people to handle and often prove to be no more effective with acne than the 2.5% formula. But sounds like your skin can handle something stronger...is there a Persa Gel 5??? Definitely go with the lowest possible formula that your skin needs to stay clear!