Notifications
Clear all

Translucent Mattifying Powders

MemberMember
(@watwatwat)

Posted : 06/17/2015 5:51 am

hey guys! any suggestions on translucent mattifying powders for hardcore oily skin? thanks!

MemberMember
(@flowersfornina)

Posted : 06/17/2015 3:35 pm

MUFE HD Loose Powder worked for me back when I was in Grade 10. They also recently came out with a pressed powder version of this. I don't know why but this isn't effective on my skin anymore and doesn't combat my extreeeemely oily skin.

I've also heard of the NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder.

Just be careful and test them out first to make sure you won't break out from them! I've heard of some people breaking out from these powders, though personally I haven't.

In my experience, I don't think just a simple powder can combat oily skin. My skin is hell, like literally it's oily ALL the time. I blot and it gets oily within 15-30 minutes. It's extremely annoying.

I find that a combination of a good moisturizer, primer, sunscreen, and face makeup (I use powder only) are really important. You just have to find what works with your skin and be careful not to exacerbate your acne in the process of doing so!

MemberMember
(@medstudent2015)

Posted : 07/24/2015 11:32 am

I'm a fan of bare mineral's mineral veil. They have a version with spf too which is great because you don't have to double up on sunscreen and moisturizer. Too many layers on your face can cause break outs, especially if you have oily skin. The mineral veil is translucent and very breathable.

I've seen some reviews on here that bare mineral's products cause breakouts. However, I have extremely sensitive skin and this is the only powder I can wear without having a subsequent breakout. Everyone is different though so experiment and find what works for you. I think you can find some trial size versions of the mineral veil on amazon if you don't want to commit to a full jar.

Hope this helps and good luck!