Accutane Not Workin...

Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Not Working

MemberMember
(@myerin)

Posted : 06/09/2015 9:10 pm

I am a 130 lb, 20 year old girl. I have been struggling with acne for ten years now. A lot of it is under the skin- I have so many concentrated whiteheads on my cheeks. I have a TON of them, and I have been trying to get rid of them for almost five years. I get a few inflammed pimples here and there, but the majority hides under my skin.

I have tried almost every oral and cream medication for acne, as prescribed by my dermatologist. I have been on accutane for 6 months now- I take 60 mg per day. My acne has not gotten any better. The amount of "under the skin" pimples have not decreased, they have remained the same.

Has this happened to anyone else? Why isn't my skin getting better? Any tips? :(

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 06/21/2015 7:32 am

I'm so sorry to hear that your skin isn't doing any better yet. Have you seeked advice from your dermatologist or even your pharmacist?

Perhaps the dosage isn't right, they will be able to guide you the best way possible.

Stay positive, good luck !

MemberMember
(@missy3185)

Posted : 06/26/2015 4:37 pm

I'm on accutane for under the skin bumps closed comodones too. I'm only on week 6 so it's a bit early to see improvement. I've heard some people don't clear until the very end of there course. Good luck

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 06/26/2015 5:08 pm

I am a 130 lb, 20 year old girl. I have been struggling with acne for ten years now. A lot of it is under the skin- I have so many concentrated whiteheads on my cheeks. I have a TON of them, and I have been trying to get rid of them for almost five years. I get a few inflammed pimples here and there, but the majority hides under my skin.

I have tried almost every oral and cream medication for acne, as prescribed by my dermatologist. I have been on accutane for 6 months now- I take 60 mg per day. My acne has not gotten any better. The amount of "under the skin" pimples have not decreased, they have remained the same.

Has this happened to anyone else? Why isn't my skin getting better? Any tips? :(

Hi! It sounds like you are on about the right dosage for a usual course. What does your dermatologist think? I have read a couple of studies which suggest that comedonal acne (the kind of acne you're describing) does not respond the same way to accutane as inflammed/nodular-cystic acne does. Have you experienced any of the normal side effects of accutane, like lip and skin dryness? If not, it may be an issue with absorption - are you taking the pills with a high-fat meal?