Notifications
Clear all

Flaky Skin

MemberMember
(@uri1234)

Posted : 05/27/2015 9:57 am

Hi

quick question here, going thru the regimen and have flaky skin.

Applying moisturizer quick often, 3-4 time a day (including the regimen itself).

Any advice to get rid of flakiness ?

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 05/31/2015 3:55 pm

I have finally got a manage of my flaking. So what do is, if I apply 1 pump of bp, then I apply 1.5 pumps of moisturizer (or 2). Twice a day. If the flakiness is getting really unbearable for ya, reduce the amount of bp.

MemberMember
(@leeleengo)

Posted : 06/27/2015 12:40 am

What really helped me with the flakiness was massaging jojoba oil on my face while I was in the (warm) shower. Then I would use a towel to gently wipe the flakes off. I think there is a more specific step by step thing about it somewhere on this forum but its pretty easy to do. Hope it helps!

MemberMember
(@christi112233)

Posted : 07/07/2015 7:31 pm

Sometimes I would just load up my face with moisturizer - like too much moisturizer - then let it sit for a few minutes. Then I'd take a cloth and wipe off my face. It will take away some of those flakes.

Once you're ready for AHA and incorporate it into your regimen, the flakes will go away.

MemberMember
(@adfreak1991)

Posted : 07/24/2015 11:53 am

I'm almost 9 weeks in and I've actually scaled back on my bp use a lot. The redness flakiness and cracking were too much even at this point. I'm using barely a pea size twice a day (sometimes only once a day) and I'm still seeing good results. Dry skin is irritated and vulnerable skin, which leads to breakouts for me. So contrary to what Dan says, for me sometimes less bp is more. I also use a TON of cerave moisturizing lotion. 2-3 times a day, sometimes before AND after my bp application.

MemberMember
(@christi112233)

Posted : 07/27/2015 11:36 am

adfreak1991 - I have found the same results. I did the regimen twice a day for about 4 months, now I do it once a day, and the results are still GREAT