No Picking Challeng...

Notifications
Clear all

No Picking Challenge For Real This Time!

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 05/17/2015 7:58 pm

NO PICKING CHALLENGE! (for real)

I've tried this challenge multiple times, I have failed EVERY, SINGLE TIME. This time, I will succeed! Personally, my acne is not hormonal but most likely has to do with my diet, stress, and POPPING --> spreading bacteria --> more acne! So, I am going to stop popping, picking, and touching my face at all.

I've done these things to stay on the challenge:

-Ticker app to keep track

-Drew on my mirrors so I can't look close

-Dim light in bathrooms

-Distractions

-Incentive ($)

I've gone a solid one day... feels really good.

Day ONE:

Woke up determined. Ignored my appearence in the mirror, applied some hydrogen peroxide and moisturizer. Walked away and did my makeup. Have a couple scabs on my forehead along with a small pimple under the skin and a couple nose pimples. My acne looks a lot better by the end of the day. As for diet, I had cereal this morning with milk, homemade green juice, chicken sandwhich, and yet to have dinner. Day One is a success and really happy with the results even though I haven't looked at my skin today lol!

*** feel free to track your progress on this thread as well

** also let me know if you have any tips

* share your experience with this challenge

Thank you!!

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 05/18/2015 11:07 pm

Day TWO:

I am happy to say that I survived day two with no picking, except one white head that just NEEDED to be popped. My skin is flaking from the hydrogen peroxide and the scabs but it isn't that bad. My active pimples are almost gone, which is nice. I am left with unsightly scabs that can't be smoothly covered w concealer. I can feel a couple other small pimples starting which I would normally touch so it feels weird not to touch, but I am not going to! Overall, redness is gone and things are healing. Really happy w the challenge so far!

Any others on the same path?

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/19/2015 5:19 pm

GOOD JOB! I

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 05/19/2015 11:57 pm

DAY THREE: very good day. feeling some hormonal breakouts under the skin but it isn't a problem. not going to touch it. still very happy!

MemberMember
(@yoshi85)

Posted : 05/20/2015 2:57 am

Yep!!! I'm on the same path!!! For years and years I've had 'sessions' in front of the mirror - it'll start off with just one little pimple that's just asking to be squeezed then before you know it I'm scouring every inch of my face for a pore with something in it I might just be able to squeeze out!! It's obsessive and really unhealthy and I feel like I've eaten a whole birthday cake on a diet when I've finished!! And obviously my skin looks AWFUL! Think I'm my own worst enemy because I always do it just before my skin looks clear to a passerby - obviously it's never actually clear because there seems to be something in every pore! So yeah same as every week I'm with you on the no touching/squeezing/picking/popping etc!x

MissSac17 liked
MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 05/20/2015 7:32 pm

Woohoo!! Go yoshi! I wish you good luck.

DAY FOUR: pretty good, my hormonal pre-period acne is much less than it is normally and redness is completely gone. No active pimples. Keep fingers crossed!!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 05/20/2015 7:49 pm

Thank you for starting this thread and GOOD JOB so far!!!! I could write forever on how much I've suffered from. I started another thread to try and find a good body peel to help with post picking marks but no one responded. I'm interested to know if anyone has tried the I'm fabulous body peel. It's tca I think. There's also the muac body peel but doesn't sound like people got impressive results.

I've been looking for a "no picking buddy" to help keep on track with. When i manage to avoid face, i do it to shoulders and arms instead.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 05/20/2015 9:26 pm

Snowflake: I've never tried any peels and I havent heard of that specific peel but I hope it works for you! Yes, don't pick. I am struggling right at this moment because there is a scab on my face that I don't want to pick and there is also one right in the middle of my eyes that's under the skin. But... I rly want to succeed so I'm going to try really hard. Feel free to post on here if you want to keep up.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@vinhchoet)

Posted : 05/20/2015 9:55 pm

Hello, I'm a new member of this forum. I'm 23 years old girl. I have been suffering acne for about 5 years and now i am still fighting with it. I used to have a good skin with barely pimples.Acne came to me when i entered university and i moved to another city. It was really bad, i had a lot of cystic acne on my cheek. I used to have accutane, my skin became clear and looked healthy. But one year later it came back. Now, i have some big acne with 2-3 heads ( T.T). I will stick with my routine of not picking my face. I'm so happy to know that you tried this too. So, fighting!!!

stopitno liked
MemberMember
(@snowflake01)

Posted : 05/20/2015 10:21 pm

Snowflake: I've never tried any peels and I havent heard of that specific peel but I hope it works for you! Yes, don't pick. I am struggling right at this moment because there is a scab on my face that I don't want to pick and there is also one right in the middle of my eyes that's under the skin. But... I rly want to succeed so I'm going to try really hard. Feel free to post on here if you want to keep up.

Thank you. Can you distract yourself with a youtube video something funny or a an interesting documentary maybe? Don't do it! You've come so far. What triggered you? For me lately it's been stress. I have a lot to do and emotionally exhausted from constant arguments with family members. I don't want to let it cause me to destroy my skin though.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 05/21/2015 12:07 am

That is such a good idea, I never thought of watching vids. Same, mostly school and period related.

Thank you. Can you distract yourself with a youtube video something funny or a an interesting documentary maybe? Don't do it! You've come so far. What triggered you? For me lately it's been stress. I have a lot to do and emotionally exhausted from constant arguments with family members. I don't want to let it cause me to destroy my skin though.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/21/2015 12:46 pm

*Mod edit - Topic moved to skin-picking forum. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 05/21/2015 11:19 pm

Hello, I'm a new member of this forum. I'm 23 years old girl. I have been suffering acne for about 5 years and now i am still fighting with it. I used to have a good skin with barely pimples.Acne came to me when i entered university and i moved to another city. It was really bad, i had a lot of cystic acne on my cheek. I used to have accutane, my skin became clear and looked healthy. But one year later it came back. Now, i have some big acne with 2-3 heads ( T.T). I will stick with my routine of not picking my face. I'm so happy to know that you tried this too. So, fighting!!!

Thank you so much! :)

DAY FIVE: i picked at my face there was a white head so that is very annoying but i think it is ok. my skin has been healing super quick which is nice. no picking challenge has been very good so far

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 05/22/2015 11:38 pm

DAY SIX: today was ok, my skin is pretty much to the sight cleared up but i can feel small breakouts from period and from overuse of alcohol i plan on just moisturizing my face tomorrow instead of taking off all of the natural oils developed over night. im super excited though my acne is clearing up from not touching

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 05/24/2015 12:35 pm

DAY EIGHT: (YESTERDAY) i caved and picked a couple of clogged pores which made me mad at myself but they healed with minimal redness this morning. i noticed a couple of under the skin pimples i think just from my period but i have drinking tons of water and eating lots and lots (6 or 7) servings of vegetables. i have also limited my intake of milk and artificial sugars. i think this has helped my menstrual acne and helped the healing process.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@vinhchoet)

Posted : 05/26/2015 3:41 am

Are you still on this challenge? I have some new big cystic acne being informed. I decided to not picking my face anymore and don't look at the mirror. Fortunately, I feel very happy with myself right now. Even my these acne will stick with me for months but it's ok. It's me, not anyone else I heard a people say that acne is the symbol of the youth Lol

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 05/26/2015 4:39 pm

Are you still on this challenge? I have some new big cystic acne being informed. I decided to not picking my face anymore and don't look at the mirror. Fortunately, I feel very happy with myself right now. Even my these acne will stick with me for months but it's ok. It's me, not anyone else I heard a people say that acne is the symbol of the youth Lol

I am still on with my challenge. It is going well as well. I have been juicing fruits and vegetables and seen a lot of difference in my skin. It helped with my liver and detoxed my body, so overall it helped my skin. Good Job~ keep up the good work. If it persists, I would try to see a dermatologist to look at your skin in case there is a certain reason it is happening. Anyways, good luck!

MemberMember
(@vinhchoet)

Posted : 05/26/2015 8:40 pm

Do you get rid of dairy product n sugar as well? I think that there is a connection between milk and acne. I used to drink tons of milk and liked sweet stuffs but this habit made my acne hurt and worse.I get rid of drinking milk for 3 months and ate less sugar, my acne still appear but less swell. I heard that many people whohave bad acne follow strict diet n their face become clear. But i can't follow them because I'm a skinny girl O_O

I used to get accutance and had a clear skin but it lasted a year then acne came back. My friend also take accutance but different from me, she had no acne coming back. So, if your acne is really bad, you should give it a try

P/S: Sorry for my bad english :D

MemberMember
(@yoshi85)

Posted : 06/14/2015 5:51 am

Gosh I'd totally forgotten id posted on here sorry! Atm I'm not picking at all - because I've gotten rid of 98% of my acne!! Starting taking clearzine tablets a few weeks ago which had helped a bunch! Funnily enough I still scour my face looking for things! And if I can't find anything search the rest of my body! So it's definitely a mental habit - as now the physical problem's gone I still want to do it!! Good luck to everyone still struggling with this - you'll always have my symathys! And if these pills stop working I'll definitely be back here x

MemberMember
(@loudcloudy)

Posted : 07/28/2015 12:39 am

We're all in this together!

Who's still on the no-picking challenge??

Day one for me starts NOW!!

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 08/07/2015 11:32 pm

Yes! I am desperately trying again because I failed :( how is yours going its your 10th day right?

MemberMember
(@loudcloudy)

Posted : 08/09/2015 6:54 pm

Yes! I am desperately trying again because I failed :( how is yours going its your 10th day right?

I've failed too!

& starting again...!

LMK how you go! First one to pick is the loser ;):)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@amychan123)

Posted : 08/17/2015 3:35 pm

Not trying to be rude or nosy, but why are you using hydrogen peroxide on your face?

MemberMember
(@darkenedcloud)

Posted : 08/18/2015 4:17 pm

Great idea this challenge, stopitno! I'm in. Although I must say I've already blew it a couple of hours ago when I tried to murder a blackhead and incidently pushed on my face so hard that it's still red :( so yeah hopefully day 2 will be better, I'll try harder. We can do this, eyes on the prize!

MemberMember
(@stopitno)

Posted : 08/29/2015 2:27 am

Not trying to be rude or nosy, but why are you using hydrogen peroxide on your face?

Great idea this challenge, stopitno! I'm in. Although I must say I've already blew it a couple of hours ago when I tried to murder a blackhead and incidently pushed on my face so hard that it's still red :( so yeah hopefully day 2 will be better, I'll try harder. We can do this, eyes on the prize!

DarkenedCloud: Good luck!!

Amychan123: I read that it would kill all bacteria that hinders the natural healing process. However, after using isopropyl alcohol and hydrogen peroxide I would recommend them only to HUGE, NASTY, GROSS, obviously infected pimples otherwise, it is SO SO drying. : )