Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brunette

Trying Derma Cleanse

Hello out there... I recently purchased Derma Clease and am giving it a try. I have tried different antibiotics, proactive, tazorac, etc... and nothing has really worked. The antibiotics did nothing, the proactive bleached all my clothes, and the tazorac burned a few layers of skin off. Tazorac helps a little but for the first 2 weeks it burns badly and you cannot wear make-up due to flacky skin. It is definitely NOT a long term solution to clear skin. I would prefer to use accutane but I dont have health insurance, so hopefully this Derma Cleanse will help. However, my fear is that it will clear me just enough that no doctor will give me accutane. I pray that this works, otherwise I'll just have to start covering my face like this little ninja guy ninja.gif

Has anyone else tried Derma Cleanse?

Week 1: I really think that there is some difference, but its too soon to be sure. My face is less oily and I am not breaking out... except for a little around my jaw, which is weird because I never break out there. My pores have shrunk a little and are less clogged. Good sign!!! But then, what can one week prove....

Week 2: My pores appear smaller. No recent significant break-outs. Overall skin clarity is good. Red marks still prominent, but hoping they will fade. I am not convinced yet that this isn't just a "good skin" week. I want to give it a few more weeks to see if things are still going well.

If anybody else has had success using this product (or lack thereof), please post your experience.

I'll post another update next week.

Week 4: I am a little frustrated. I don't know what is going on with my skin. I am breaking out on areas of my face where I never break out. The Derma Cleanse people said to expect a break-out after the second week, since it takes this long for the vitamins to fully absorb into your system. Maybe I am having a delayed response, as this is week 4. My skin has a mind of its own. Before this week, my skin was doing pretty well. Then, one day I woke up with oily skin and pimples on my chin and jaw line. I have noticed, though, that my pimples go away a lot faster while taking Derma Cleanse. If I get one of those painful, under the skin pimples...it will go away in one or two days as apposed to a week. I am going to keep using this product for its full course, just because I am left with nothing else to try. I'll keep you all posted so you don't have to waste your money on it if it doesnt work. Hope you all are finding something that works for you. eusa_wall.gif

Hi, Brunette

I keep reading your logs for a while, we are almost in the exactly same steps of taking derma cleanse...This is also my 4th week of trying it...I just want to tell you not to get frustrated now and at least give it two more weeks...We still have time to get our money back( two month guarantee)...

In my own situation, I can see my skin's condition getting improved for sure, but I did have weird breaking out too.....All I am saying is, let's be patient, and wait another two weeks...

quote=brunette,Nov 25 2004, 02:15 PM]

Hi, Brunette

I keep reading your logs for a while, we are almost in the exactly same steps of taking derma cleanse...This is also my 4th week of trying it...I just want to tell you not to get frustrated now and at least give it two more weeks...We still have time to get our money back( two month guarantee)...

In my own situation, I can see my skin's condition getting improved for sure, but I did have weird breaking out too.....All I am saying is, let's be patient, and wait another two weeks...

quote=brunette,Nov 25 2004, 02:15 PM]

week 5: Well, since my last entry, I have broken out once more (on my chin and right cheek). This really depressed and discouraged me even though the Derma Cleanse website says to expect a breakout around this time. Yesterday, my skin finally cleared up and the refill of Derma Cleanse pills that I ordered arrived. I could not bring myself to purchase the face wash and cream because that would have bumped the cost up from $60 to $100. I am not out of either, so I will make a decision whether to buy more when I run out. I am thinking that I can use a substitute anyway. The face wash is definitely a non-soap face wash. It reminds me of Johnson & Johnson fragrance free baby wash. It does not dry out your skin or burn your eyes. As for the face cream... it is .5% salicylic acid, aloe vera gel, vitamin c, and papaya extract. I could probably use Aveeno face cream for acne prone skin.

I am continuing to have faith in this product. The website says that most people do not see significant results until after 6 weeks and even up to 8 weeks, but that the results are well worth the wait. I guess we'll see.

Currently, my face is clear of all active acne. There are still redmarks from the last breakout and some unfortunate scaring from years and years of acne. cry.gif Since starting this product, I have been noticing all the scaring that I have (since I am always checking out my skin to see if it's changing). I am 24 and have had acne since I was 12 or 13. It's no wonder my skin looks like this! sad.gif I am so disappointed in the appearance of my skin. It looks as if its been through a war zone and I'm not sure there's much I can do to return it to it's pre-acne days.

I am going to have hope that after this week, there won't be many more breakouts. Sounds silly, but what's left if I give up hope. I can't say that my pores are really much different than when I started using this product, they are still enlarged on the upper part of my cheeks, below my eyes. However, there are certain parts of my face which I have not had ANY acne since I began (above upper lip/below nose, forehead). I can tell that the product is changing my skin.. we'll just have to see if it will make it clear.

Hope you all are having sucess out there. It's nice to be able to come to this website for support and to remind me that I am not the only one struggling with skin problems. My roommate and I (both highly frustrated and disappointed in the lack of effectiveness of acne products) stumbled apon this website together. After reading what some people had writted, I laughed so hard I cried the Derma Cleanse right of my face and had to re-apply. (Don't worry, I wasn't laughing at anyone, just at how much everyone sounded like me!) Good luck to out there!

hey brunette..

I just wanted to share my experience on this. I tried it for 2 months and wasn't happy with the results so I just stopped. It didn't do much for my skin. I wouldn't know though, if it would've made a difference if I stayed on it longer. But after 2 months and nothing, I just lost faith. It's a bit pricey too rolleyes.gif

I like the gel though. It didn't dry out my skin at all and it seemed to make the active ones heal faster.

Anyway, goodluck. Hope it works for you.

Thanks for sharing your experience Pinay. I am not sure if this stuff will work for me either, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. I dont have insurance right now, so I have to use a non-prescription treatment. You are right that it is a bit pricey. I actually wrote to the Derma Cleanse people and requested more free product so that I would be able to use it for the entire 40 day trial... haha. Of course, I was denied. They do not care about my acne situation, just the money they can get out of me. Hope you are finding a treatment that works for you!

It's really easy to get frustrated from a new breakout, the worst part is not wasting my money, it is that I am losing my faith to cure my acne...I will keep trying until 6th to 7th week, cause I am tired with seaching and trying new products...I am glad to find that I am not alone, thanks brunette for opening this thread, I was just wondering if there are some successful cases of derma cleanse...

Yea I guess that's what we have to do.. try things and see which ones will work.

Hey that was a nice try.. bout getting a free product. biggrin.gif

And I don't have insurance either so my choice of treatments are limited. sad.gif

I am going to stick with bc pills for now.

You never know it might work for you, and you too maggiecs. If not, it's ok as you will find other things eventually. We need lots of patience. I know I need LOTS and LOTS.

Goodluck to both of you.

Hey Brunette, just checking out your msgboard too. I know it's tough-going because it's so tempting to just stop or give up hope and try yet another product. True, your skin/body does need to adjust so probably trying it for atleast 2 or 3 months to see if it really works might be considered giving it "a fair chance". If it does clear up... I'll be so jealous of you =P All the best to ya girl. Keep posting.

Hey everyone, thanks for the encouragement. Maggiecs- I have heard of some success cases with Derma Cleanse. Of course they are all on the Derma Cleanse website.... But I have also heard of some not so successful cases from people on Acne.org (as Pinay has shared). However, one girl shared that after using Derma Cleanse for a few months, her acne went away completely as soon as she stopped the system. ??? It's not over till it's over! Either way, GIVING UP HOPE IS NOT AN OPTION...not for anyone!! eusa_naughty.gifeusa_pray.gifbiggrin.gif

It's nice that we can have this website to see what other people are doing. It will save us time in the long-run. My roommate is trying the bp regimen so if it works for her, I will be sure to tell everyone!

Week 6: (this is the end of week 6.. approaching 7 weeks on the Derma Cleanse System)

Ok. No more break-outs since the last. I guess its been about 2 weeks? I can't keep track anymore. wink.gif Hope is restored. The past 3 days my skin has been significantly better than it has been in a really, really long time. My make-up applies better.... and in the morning, when I wake up... my skin looks great! Normally, before the red spots from previous pimples clear up, I have another breakout. But this time my skin has remained clear long enough for things to start looking better.

However, before I thank the Derma Cleanse system, I need to have significantly clearer skin for a full month or longer! I am going to keep using this stuff and see what happends. Maybe I will save someone from wasting money in the future.

Maggie- have you had any success with Derma Cleanse? What is your skin like right now? If you think it may be working and want to save some money, you could try to substitute the face cleanser and gel. This is what I will do when I run out, even though I really like both products. How many pills are you taking a day? I take the full 6. Two pills at each meal. I wash may face only in the morning and at night.

Hey, Brunette

I am so glad to know your skin looks great now, but for me....Eh..Let's take a look of my situation now.

I am on my 6th month of trying Derma cleanse now...My forehead is all cleared out now. My whole face is less oily, the skin's texture looks a little different, My pores have shrunk a little also..

But I still have occasional breakouts on my chin and cheeks cry.gif By the way, I also take 6 pills a day with meals.

My friend also suggested me the BP which I am planning to try one from the over-the-counter products.

Anyways, I will still probably contact Zenmed to return Derma cleanse, because all the improvement I have so far is certainly not worth the money I spent..It's just Chinese Medicine..My friend told me I could find same prescription from China town under 5 bucks..smile.gif.

Hey Maggie,

Well, I did have another break-out.. on my chin and a little on my jaw-line this time. It's making me a little crazy. I am really trying to have hope, but the pimples keep on coming back! I wish I was as persistant as my acne. I would be able to accomplish so much in life.

Let me know if you find some cheaper version of this stuff. Sorry Derma Cleanse isnt working for you...to tell you the truth, I am starting to wonder if its really working for me! Maybe the BP regimen will come through with lasting results! My roommate is using it and it has helped her. It took a little while, but her skin seems to be clearing up nicely. I am thinking about trying it but am not sure. My skin is very easily irritated and breaks out when it is too dry. Be sure to let me know if you discover something that truly works.

Week ??? - I have lost count. It's been a long time since I have started this stuff. I think I am on week 10. My skin has not improved really. Sometimes I get the illusion that it is, but I don't think that it is much better than when I began. I don't know if I will be buying anymore of this stuff when it runs out at the end of the month. I still break out randomly and whatever good the Derma Cleanse was doing for my pores before... it is no longer doing that good thing now. I guess I should jump back into the sea of acne products and pick a new one to try. Wish me luck. eusa_wall.gif