3 Months And No Imp...

Notifications
Clear all

3 Months And No Improvement

MemberMember
(@dedie)

Posted : 04/26/2015 6:15 am

Hello!

I come here looking for answers. After making sure I do everything I am supposed to within the regimen, I am afraid to say this isn't work for me.

It has been around 3 month and I have seen no improvement whatsoever; I actually got worse.

Anyone with the same experience? I am considering try something else but I don't know whether I should wait a bit longer....thanks!

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 04/27/2015 8:30 am

If you are following it exactly as Dan suggests, with the correct products, most people are seeing results by the third month. Take a few minutes to take the quiz and read through the biggest mistakes on this page.

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html

If you have already done that and determined that you have been doing everything exactly as Dan suggests and you just aren't seeing any progress, it may be time for you to move on to something else or consider seeing a dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@christi112233)

Posted : 04/28/2015 4:15 pm

explain your morning and evening routine in depth

MemberMember
(@kayjaym)

Posted : 04/28/2015 5:15 pm

Yeah, let us know your detailed regimen steps.

Also, sometimes every acne.org product wont work for someone. Ive noticed in many forum posts that people will use Dan's BP but substitute a different cleanser or moisturizer depending on how their skin needs. I know that for me, while Dan's cleanser and BP worked well...the moisturizer wasnt the greatest for me.

MemberMember
(@dedie)

Posted : 04/29/2015 1:12 pm

thank you all for replying and sorry about the typos in my first post.

Here are my steps. Consider that I always wait at least 5 mins between Cleanser and Treatment and about 7/10 between Treatment and Moisturizer.

So, this is what I do every morning and evening:

• 2 pumps Cleanser, applied very gently for about 10 seconds.
  • 1 finger-length Treatment. I used to apply it very quickly in order to touch my face as little as possible and left a bigger amount to dry on my 'worst' parts. However taking the quiz I found out it should take about 1-2 mins so I am applying it longer now and very gently until nearly dry.
  • 1 and a half pumps Moisturizer, applied gently and left to dry after a few seconds. However, since I had an unbearable snake skin for over a month, I lately started adding a pinch of coconut oil which leaves my skin very soft and never greasy.
  • JUST IN THE MORNING, when the redness is a little too much, I cover the worst pimples with a little concealer. This usually causes a little dryness but significantly less since I apply a little coconut oil.

This is it guys! Looking forward to your opinions.

MemberMember
(@rainbow7)

Posted : 05/12/2015 9:45 am

Coconut will clog your pores and is maybe the one thing that will break you out.

Try this.

Use 2 pumps of dan's moisturizer only at night. 1 pump in the am. U might think it's alot but it's not. Dry skin means more irritations and more acne.

Try putting more bp at night n just use a pea size in the am. Also use sunscreen in the am after applying moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 05/12/2015 1:12 pm

Coconut will clog your pores and is maybe the one thing that will break you out.

Try this.

Use 2 pumps of dan's moisturizer only at night. 1 pump in the am. U might think it's alot but it's not. Dry skin means more irritations and more acne.

Try putting more bp at night n just use a pea size in the am. Also use sunscreen in the am after applying moisturizer.

I agree with the above poster. It could be the coconut oil breaking you out. I would try substituting a few drops of jojoba oil in your moisturizer instead for some extra softness. But sounds like you are following the steps correctly otherwise.

MemberMember
(@tglimmer)

Posted : 07/24/2015 10:22 pm

Coconut oil is one of the worst things to put on acne prone skin, I did the same thing for a long time because someone suggested it to me a long time ago. I bet if you stop using that it might totally clear you. Coconut oil made my skin terrible

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@ankitaahuja)

Posted : 06/29/2016 10:20 pm

Any good alternate to dan's moisturiser?

MemberMember
(@mariahg)

Posted : 07/04/2016 3:08 pm

Don't lose hope! Everyone says you should be clear within 3 months but it took me about 6 months to be completely clear. I've been on the regimen for a few years now, you can go look at my gallery and see how much WORSE my skin got until it got better. Hopefully the pictures give you some hope and motivation. ALSO I agree with the coconut oil, it clogged my pores very badly. Other than that patience is key, I know it sucks but hang in there and you will be clear!!

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 07/07/2016 10:33 pm

Finger length BP might not be enough. I apply about 2 finger lengths every night and have had great success with it. Make sure your face is fully covered and no spots are extremely thin on BP. Morning and night!