Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darklord

Free red mark treatment!

Ever since i have used these products together my red marks have allmost completely disappeared over 1 - 2 months! What i use is bicarbonate of soda (Baking soda not baking powder) fist then i use ACV (Apple cider vinegar) after and leave it on throughout the day.

They are really great at getting rid of red marks because they are fantastic exfoliators.

My regimen:

1) First i wash as normal.

2) Next i mix a teaspoon of Bi carb with about half a teaspoon of water (mix to a paste) I apply this with something like a cotton bud directly to my red marks.

4) Next i wash it off with with luke warm water.

5) I then dilute some ACV with water 50/50, i apply it with a cotton bud. Dont wash this off. (This will also prevent breakouts by killing the bacteria)

6) Lastly i moisturize with a preffered moisturizer (Oil free)

Thats it, eversince i have used this my red marks have gone and hardly ever breakout.

Hope it helps everyone out as it has for me.

Tom

Why did you start using the baking soda? Sounds like a cheap way of dealing with this problem...if it is working for you I would like to try, I've been thinking about grabbing some ACV anyways. why the baking soda though?? Thx

Why did you start using the baking soda?  Sounds like a cheap way of dealing with this problem...if it is working for you I would like to try, I've been thinking about grabbing some ACV anyways.  why the baking soda though??  Thx

I've read on the site before that people have used baking soda paste in this respect, however, my understanding was that because it is granular, it exfoliates well when used like a scrub. I don't really understand how it would help as a spot treatment.

Im not quite sure why it works but it does for me anyway. If you wanted to use the baking soda as a scrub then thats fine aswell.

Tom

Baking Soda ( BiSodium Carbonate) in a refined form is an ingredient used for topical exfoliation. The new Loreal Re-Finish has it in it!

Jill~

Forgot to add that I have seen this (refined form) being sold on ebaY!

Jill004, Really maybe thats why it works so well, if it is used in one of the leading manufacturers of cosmetics then its good enough for me lol.

Just had a look at ebay also, they do have it biggrin.gif lol.

Tom

hi ukqizmos, my aesthetician advised me to use baking soda as an exfoliator everyday after cleansing my face. i use dove soap for sensitive skin to clean my skin and then make a paste out of baking soda and water and gently smooth it all over my skin and wash it off immediately. I dont leave it on. I've noticed that my skin has become smoother than ever before..and make-up just slides on smoothly!

Glad that ur scars are fading. Thats coz u r doing the right thing by balancing the ph of ur skin. Baking soda is basic in nature and vinegar is acidic. so by using both in moderation, ur ph will be neutral..and thats essential for beautiful skin. No wonder u r getting results. KEEP IT UP!

hi ukqizmos, my aesthetician advised me to use baking soda as an exfoliator everyday after cleansing my face. i use dove soap for sensitive skin to clean my skin and then make a paste out of baking soda and water and gently smooth it all over my skin and wash it off immediately. I dont leave it on. I've noticed that my skin has become smoother than ever before..and make-up just slides on smoothly!

Glad that ur scars are fading. Thats coz u r doing the right thing by balancing the ph of ur skin. Baking soda is basic in nature and vinegar is acidic. so by using both in moderation, ur ph will be neutral..and thats essential for beautiful skin. No wonder u r getting results. KEEP IT UP!

Im just starting to use this routine, i had to test if the ACV would irritate me first but when i diuted it 50/50 like you said it seems to be ok. also the baking powder exfoliate is nice too, jsut what i was looking for and really cheap.

i was on retin a micro for 3 weeks and screw that and all other topicals, presc shit in general. now i wash with tea tree oil cleanser bought at a wholefoods store, use the baking powder method, and ACV 2x a day. drink tons of water, white tea, and fruit.

think i do all that and no irritation and i used retin a once a day and looked like a skittles package,.

in my opinion natural remedies all the way. even for the red marks i dont want to be using things that thin out ur skin and stuff. im a fisherman and the last thing i can afford is thin skin in the winter.

think that this is a great regimen due to no harsh side effects and people seem to have success with it.

thanks wind waker for the ACV and Baking powder instructions.

hope it works

Im just starting to use this routine, i had to test if the ACV would irritate me first thanks wind waker for the ACV and Baking powder instructions.

lol i began to use this method after reading it from Delna's post... It defienetly works and i did see some improvement in about 4 days... but for some reason it hasn't changed that much since... i just hope it'll only be a short period of time... also, maybe it's because i bleed to much when adding vinegar... my whiteheads are always popping and stuff... i just hope it doesn't scar... eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif

whoa! you are bleeding from vinegar? you are actually, probably scrubbing with the baking soda too hard and popping your whiteheads. you will cause scarring if you don't stop doing that. if you are going to pop your pimples you need to do it with a sterilized needle or lancet...don't just scrub the skin off...

btw, it is baking SODA because they add something else besides sodium bicarbinate to baking powder.

actualy, it happenes whenever i dry myself with a napkin or something... so what i do now is i use the napkin to dry the spots that don't bleed and then kinda flap the napkin so I can dry the rest of my face with air instead.... crappy method, but of well... btw, the parts that bled to much have now become black ...kinda looks like a scab inside my skin....