Benzoyl Peroxide - ...

Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide - Chemical Burn Or What?

MemberMember
(@qweewqqwe)

Posted : 04/04/2015 1:53 am

I am now petrified. I dont know what happen to my face. It forms a black red layer on my face ,it is so tight and uncomfortable. I stopped the regimen for a day just to give my skin time to heal itself, but I dont know whether I should continue or not. I used it once per day, every night and with a tiny amount.

P.S that black layer is now falling off , it is tantamount to sunburn , i dont think it is permanent but I am kinda worried.

MemberMember
(@qweewqqwe)

Posted : 04/04/2015 10:13 am

How long have you been using the regimen?

About 2 days

MemberMember
(@qweewqqwe)

Posted : 04/04/2015 4:53 pm

Did you notice painful irritation of skin, including burning, blistering, crusting, itching, severe redness, or swelling or a skin rash? If you did, you're allergic.

It burns , but not severe , I have now dry skin. I am rather brown not red, like sun burn, actually exactly like sun burn. A layer of my skin is falling. no itching, but I usually have the same reaction when I apply toothpaste on my face ( I tried it before.) The thing is , I cant go out as BP makes my skin wears an 'unknown mask', which is so wrinkle looking and so uncomfortable. I cant even eat!!!! Insanely insane , it hurts my skin so much when i open my mouth, the layer of my skin rubs my face and it hurts like hell. I dont have any dizziness nor any other issues apart from my face hurts, is that still allergic? I dont want to stop the regimen as I am seeing some improvements in my skin within 2 days, my mild acne almost went away but not the scaring .

MemberMember
(@qweewqqwe)

Posted : 04/05/2015 9:45 am

I don't think you're allergic. You should check with a doctor though. Before I started the regimen a few years ago, I waited until I was on holiday break for school; this is the time during which my skin could adapt to the benzoyl peroxide. Because I didn't have to go to school, I didn't mind the extreme flaking and redness. But this isn't an option for some people, so you might have to tough it out. In the end it's definitely worth it.

I know exactly how it feels not to be able to eat because of dry skin. I skip lunch most days at school because the skin around my mouth usually cracks and peels if I open my mouth wide enough to eat. You're not alone.

What products are you using? Recently I've been using a new productCetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. It's really hydrating but a bit greasy. If you don't mind having this greasy appearance to your skin, you should definitely use it. To be honest the Acne.org moisturizer isn't hydrating enough for the Acne.org regimen. I think it's a good lotion for people who don't use benzoyl peroxide. Most lotions don't hydrate as well as the Cetaphil.

Haha, It is true that I need a better moisturiser. But I mean, does BP really work for you. Cuz for me, I am not quite sure. I think it does kill some of my acne and not all of them. How long it takes you to get rid of your acne utterly? And the scars? any recommendation. BP is so painful ...... I would love to have some other alternatives.