7 Year Regimen User...

Notifications
Clear all

7 Year Regimen User - No Instructions On How To Stop The Regimen?

MemberMember
(@acnedefeater)

Posted : 03/31/2015 9:38 am

I'm a 27 year-old male and have battled acne for 13 years. I have been on the Regimen for the last 7 years and have remained almost completely clear except for a brief 2 month period from mid-November 2013 to mid-January 2014 when I tried to stop the Regimen cold turkey and my acne came back. I used Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser for one month but it didn't help and then Proactiv Plus for the second month, but my acne became more frequent and severe so back to the Regimen I went.

I have remained completely clear ever since and want to see how I can successfully come off the Regimen.

I will not stop cold turkey but can't find any instructions on how to come off the Regimen. Any help?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/31/2015 10:04 am

Try doing the Regimen once a day and see how you do. Give it a month. If within that time acne starts creeping back in, then go back to twice a day. But if you're staying clear on once-a-day treatments, then trying reducing your BP dosage to one pump. Give it another month and see how you do.

If acne has resolved on its own, then you won't need treatment. But if it hasn't it'll start to return. The good news is your skin is used to the treatment so you should be able to get things back under control again relatively quickly.

Good luck! :)

MFXFITNESS and liked
MemberMember
(@tcolesen)

Posted : 04/06/2015 11:42 am

I'm interested in this topic as well, as a 5.5-year user of Acne.org BP. (almost 26 and male)

Similar to you I stopped BP usage for 3 whole months [cold turkey] and my acne came back.

I only use about 0.5-0.7 of a pump of BP, twice a day. It's enough to keep my face in pretty good shape.

What's your reason for wanting to stop or change? For me I'm thinking about cutting down to a single daily application of BP due to extreme oilyness.

MemberMember
(@rainbow7)

Posted : 04/07/2015 6:22 am

Why would you want to stop the regimen if its working for you?

MemberMember
(@acnedefeater)

Posted : 04/07/2015 8:32 pm

It's tiring doing the Regimen every day, twice per day for 7 YEARS. I want to see if I have finally outgrown acne. Most people outgrow acne after adolescence and I'm 27 years old so perhaps I too have outgrown acne.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 04/08/2015 1:06 am

If I ever did try to stop the regimen, it would make sense for it to be a gradual ramp down of the routine. Maybe start with using less product, then eventually doing it once a day, then every other day...and so on. Then if doing so you get more acne, then probably means you haven't outgrown it yet.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@acnedefeater)

Posted : 04/08/2015 12:27 pm

If I ever did try to stop the regimen, it would make sense for it to be a gradual ramp down of the routine. Maybe start with using less product, then eventually doing it once a day, then every other day...and so on. Then if doing so you get more acne, then probably means you haven't outgrown it yet.

That's exactly what I'm going to do this time. Last time, when I tried to quite cold turkey, my acne came back and I was back on the Regimen within 3 months.

I have reduced the amount of benzoyl peroxide that I use to 1 pump twice per day morning and evening. Not only is my face less dry and red, but my complexion looks healthier and I am still completely acne free.

I will continue with 1 pump twice per day for the next 1 month and hopefully will remain clear. If I remain completely clear, I will stop the morning regimen altogether (just cleanse and moisturize) and just do 1 pump at night.

Hopefully I have outgrown acne!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@helpclear)

Posted : 05/19/2015 2:25 pm

I've been going on almost 4 years now and I keep trying to go back to 1 time a day and occasionally I'll do a 2nd. I end up breaking out badly eventually then I go in panic mode and religously do it twice a day for months to get clear again. It really sucks because I look at my face and feel like my skin color/tone is just horrible. If I get acne I don't even want to go out at all! I want to get off but I just can't live without it. I hate having to wake up so early(3:30 or even earlier sometimes to go in to work for 5) just so I can wash, put BP on, moisturize, and then make sure i have enough time before the moisturizer dries and I don't look like an orange grease pit. Then I am always looking at my face all day to make sure it stays moisturized otherwise I end up with bad flakes on my face sometimes.

I pretty much only have to worry about the area above, below, and the sides of my mouth, as well as my nose and the sides of my nose. So I just use the regimen there. If I cut to once a day those areas get maybe 1-2 regular pimples. The whiteheads flood in though, with dozens of small plus a few GIANT nasty looking whiteheads.

The interesting part is my neck used to be really, really bad. I ended up being able to quit the regimen on my neck and it stays 99% clear so I always keep wanting to try and quit all together.

I'm turning 30 next month and I just want this to be over with. It makes me very depressed because I've let it ruin my life.

Geeking liked
MemberMember
(@leeleengo)

Posted : 06/27/2015 12:49 am

There are already a lot of responses to this but I wanted to give my input. I have been on the Regimen for 3 months and stopped as soon as I was clear. I only used one pump of BP the whole time I was on the regimen and once I was completely clear, I slowly decreased my BP dose each week. I have heard that some people cannot get off the Regimen so I guess I got lucky. I do not believe in relying on a product "forever." Hope this helps!