Notifications
Clear all

Diet Affects How Well My Skin Heals

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 03/25/2015 7:39 pm

Over the past year I've realized just how much what I eat impacts how my skin heals. I thought I'd share with you guys what I have learned. This may not be new information to some people, but I think maybe it will at least help someone.

Last summer I was eating a completely vegan diet and my skin was healing really poorly. Pimples that would not usually scar were leaving indents and hyperpigmentation. Pimples were also healing very slowly. I eventually came to the realization that my poor healing was due to the lack of meat in my diet and I added some back in, though not a lot, and my healing went back to what I considered "normal."

Lately I have been eating a paleo diet (and incorporating bone broth) and my skin seems to suddenly have super healing capabilities. I had abdominal surgery semi-recently, and at a follow up appointment with my surgeon when he was checking on the several incisions on my stomach, he commented that I was healing "like wolverine." When I noticed that my skin was healing so well I damaged some of the old scarred skin by picking at it, and after it healed some the indents filled in and just left a little pink discoloration. I'm guessing I could achieve the same effect by needling or doing tca cross, but I just decided to pick at the old marks because it was easiest lol..

Anyway, my skin isn't perfect. I still have acne and some scars. I just thought I'd share what has been helping me.

Liberte and liked