Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
James Adams

jhsbfhjbe bhjehjhdc osa -hdjh pr[sah usd h bchds

Acne cleansers are nowhere near as effective as using leave-on medications, such as 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. BP works best when left on the skin for 10-12 hours and then repeated. With cleansers, most of the active ingredients (BP and SA) are lost in the rinsing process and go down the drain. You didn't mention what moisturizer you use...maybe this is clogging your skin?? Also, scrubbing is irritating and promotes irritation breakouts, so this could be a factor too on why your treatments aren't working. Finally, never a good idea to use multiple treatments at once, especially when trying to get clear...you mentioned using both BP and SA...this will only promote more irritation and possibly lead to breakouts.

So in short, I'd recommend using a 3-step process:

1) gentle cleanser (my favorite is Purpose, but lots of good choices out there)

2) 2.5% BP (Neutrogena On-The-Spot is available in most drugstores, plus Walmart and Target)

3) noncomedogenic moisturizer

(BTW, the Acne.Org Regimen Kit has everything you need!)

Neutrogena, Cetaphil, and CeraVe are all trusted brands for cleanser and moisturizer. Look for things like, "Noncomedogenic," "Dermatologist recommended," "Oil-free," etc. for any cleanser or moisturizer you choose. I'd also check out the Regimen steps and FAQ for tips on applying your products. It's best to be as gentle as possible and to use your products religiously for maximum results.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :)