Notifications
Clear all

Abusing Aha?

MemberMember
(@somenite308)

Posted : 03/11/2015 3:45 am

I have been on the Regimen for about 2 months now. I saw some drastic changes within the first 2 months, new pimple would appear but it would disappear within a few days. I have also been adding in AHA quite often, all AHA 2-3 nights, and 50/50 4-5 days. Should i not be abusing the AHA like that, is it losing its effectiveness?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 03/11/2015 2:45 pm

I have been on the Regimen for about 2 months now. I saw some drastic changes within the first 2 months, new pimple would appear but it would disappear within a few days. I have also been adding in AHA quite often, all AHA 2-3 nights, and 50/50 4-5 days. Should i not be abusing the AHA like that, is it losing its effectiveness?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Some,

The AHA works differently from person to person. While some can tolerate the AHA at full strength every other day, some have to use 50/50 with the Moisturizer like myself. If you feel that your skin is not sensitive or painful due to the AHA, you may use it everyday or every other day. However, there is such as thing as over exfoliation so you may want to keep an eye out on your skin while on the AHA.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/12/2015 1:59 pm

If you're going to use AHA+ daily, doing a 50/50 mix of AHA+ and moisturizer once a day is the optimum dosage. But if your skin can handle full-strength, then use 2-3 times a week in place of your moisturizer. Over-exfoliating can lead to excessive flaking and skin irritation, which can lead to irritation breakouts.

As Izzy and Control Panel mention, base your dosage on what your skin can handle, but be careful not to use excessively. Unlike BP, where it's better when in doubt to use more, AHA+ works best when used in moderation.