Notifications
Clear all

Please Help, Is This Acne Or Something Else?

MemberMember
(@max8989)

Posted : 02/28/2015 1:04 pm

Hello,

I had "bacne" for as long as i can remember, however right now it's at it's worst in my life. Im 25, and had terrible face acne when i was 14-18 but managed to get rid of it for good and just left with an occasional pimple every few weeks or so.

Since i started bulking and working out more seriously my skin has goten much worse. I eat very clean, organic and PLENTY of greens. I eat lots of nuts, grains and avoid gluten and dairy as much as possible. The only real source of sugar for me comes from 85% chocolate and fruit. I dont drink ANY caffiene, just tea once day ( ok so a light load of caffiene)

I want clear skin for the summer, so i need help badly. I started the body regimen 5 days ago (cleanser, BP and AHA twice daily) and so far not really much improvement.

Do i even have "acne" because while I do have some inflamed (small ones) mostly its just tiny red bumps that are almost rash like and bumpy but not inflamed. These get MUCH more red and irriated after a workout. They never itch however.

Please, PLEASE let me know what I can do besides the regimen, as after 5 days and very little progress im looking to try something else. I have made a naturapth appointment for Monday as i truly think acne can only be treated from the inside, and something has to be fixed within the body.

Oh also, my skin is very sensitive...much more than it used to be. I work in an office and i used to be able to wear ties every day...but now if i wear a tie the collar irritates my neck and i have red spots and new acne forming next day! WTH is going on???

Long post short, are these acne spots or something else??

THANK YOU

post-451645-0-40675000-1425146401.jpgpost-451645-0-22922300-1425146472.jpgpost-451645-0-26247400-1425146507.jpgpost-451645-0-19580500-1425146540.jpg

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 02/28/2015 2:54 pm

Hello Max,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin condition. Body acne is actually more difficult to remove than facial acne so it may take a while for you to see results while on the Back/Body Regimen. If your body is prone to break outs, you might want to consider choosing a different fabric when wearing clothes. Cotton is great for those with sensitive skin since it lets your skin breathe and the fabric is soft on the skin. If you continuously adjust your tie throughout the day, the friction will certainly cause more break outs on your neck. You could try a clip-on tie instead. Hope this helps. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@max8989)

Posted : 02/28/2015 4:40 pm

Thank you for the reply Izzy. I will stick to the regimen while trying to find alternate solutions. I guess i was hoping for some improvement (which i THINK i did have) after 5 days.

My main question now is....do i have acne or Pityrosporum Folliculitis ? I know people on here are not dermatoligists, but instead of getting prescribed Accutane i thought i'd ask the people who have suffered through the same and came out on top.

Thanks again!

MemberMember
(@goddessofzits)

Posted : 02/28/2015 11:59 pm

Hi Max! I have just successfully battled with this fungus thing. You can read more in my thread.

The dermatologist I went to is useless. He prescribed me with Roaccutane which I refused -not my thing- so I asked for anti-fungal instead. These are the things that worked for me, after a month!

First of all: STOP ALL STEROIDS AND ANTIBIOTICS!!

Then...

ORAL:

Sporanox - itraconazole - 200mg x 7 days (Dr's prescription)

Greek yoghurt + probiotics powder (look for Acidophilus) x 14 days

TOPICAL

LAMISIL dermgel twice a day x 7 days STRAIGHT - nothing else

After the 7 day Lamisil battle:

TOPICAL:

DAY:

Wash face and entire body with Dr Cynthia Bailey's Foaming cleanser Zinc Pyrthione (google it and order from her)

Put Young Living Frankincense essential oil - ok, this is very expensive and my fungus was on my face - if it's the entire body, you might want to get an alternative brand which is less pricey, however please get a good grade! Not one with filler ingredients. This brand is 100% pure.

NIGHT:

Wash face and body (see above)

Garden of Wisdom's Mandelic Acid 10% (No alcohol/No seaweed) - apply on alternate days! not every night! - please wait 30 minutes before you apply anything else

That's how I overcame my folliculitis battle. Hope it works for you too! All the best!