30 Day Challenge: S...

Notifications
Clear all

30 Day Challenge: Stop Picking At Face

MemberMember
(@aempasta)

Posted : 02/18/2015 6:41 pm

I am making this because I NEED to stop picking at my face. It is so bad, and I have probably created permanent scars on my face because of this. Now I plan to post pictures of progress, of when I started to when I end this 30 day challenge. Please please please do not say anything negative about this, as I tend to pick at my skin because of stress. I hope posting this along with the pictures will really motivate me to stop picking. The pictures will be taken in bright light, revealing how bad the picking is. The first pictures are going tk be exremely bad. Hopefully this will get me to stop. It really is hard, a lot harder then just telling yourself to stop.

Anyways, I saw a forum on a 30 day challenge and I really had to try and create my own so I did. I am hoping to STOP picking, touching, and squeezing my face. It will be hard but I really need to do this. I am honestly so ashamed of my face.

Just a little about myself. I have anxiety and have had depression before. This skin picking has caused more stress for me, even though I do it because of stress. It is a terrible cycle. I am determined to have relatively clear skin by the beginning of April so that's a bit more than over a month. I am going to update EVERYDAY. I need to stop completely before I make things even worse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Day 1:

Today was the first day. I noticed that I kept touching my forehead. It was quite itchy from wearing a hat, however that is no excuse. The picture makes my face look terrible but I need to post pictures. The acne that I picked at scabbed over so it makes it look worse. I have been really stressed recently so I broke out and then started picking. Hopefully I can do this. Tomorrow I have school, so I will update on how I am in class, because I tend to get stressed in class and touch and pick at my face.

post-451906-0-90171000-1424302818_thumb.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 02/20/2015 6:48 pm

I'm with you. I'm a picker, big time. I have done a lot of damage over the years, probably causing more acne, red marks, etc. I think my skin would look a lot better if I'd just leave it alone. I also pick at the skin around my finger nails, and have pretty much my whole life. I have tried to stop so many times, and do for a while, but then go back to it. I think it is an ocd thing. Anyway, I wish you luck, I know how hard it is. Maybe I will join you in your challenge, because my face (and fingers...Lol gross I know) are a mess right now because I pick more during times when I have a lot of anxiety...like now. I too have a goal of clearer skin in the next month or so, because I am visiting my inlaws and don't want to look like shit.

MemberMember
(@mariac32)

Posted : 02/21/2015 9:45 pm

I'm with you too. I have bad anxiety and I pick when I am stressed too, and then I get more stressed and upset about the damage I inflicted on myself. It makes everything more inflamed, painful, and difficult to heal. I went a little crazy with the picking today and now everything is a mess. Your forehead looks better than mine right now! I think it helps if someone is doing the challenge with you, so I hope you keep posting and we can beat this together. Hopefully by April we will all be doing better.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 05/21/2015 1:04 pm

Mod edit- Topic moved to skin picking forum

MemberMember
(@champy)

Posted : 10/20/2015 6:18 am

im going to start this post up again and really try doing this for myself 
20th october day 1 . already have touched my face kinda bleh thats why im starting this now :D 

MemberMember
(@optimisticvat)

Posted : 10/21/2015 9:26 pm

Can I join?

MemberMember
(@missfd)

Posted : 10/22/2015 7:39 am

You should try skin pick caps. It helped me a lot to stop picking.

champy liked
MemberMember
(@champy)

Posted : 10/22/2015 12:43 pm

yes you can join i have to restart

MemberMember
(@optimisticvat)

Posted : 10/23/2015 10:17 pm

I have to restart also :(

MemberMember
(@nina-theodore)

Posted : 10/24/2015 9:00 am

I would like to join the challenge as well!

MemberMember
(@vancouvermoon)

Posted : 11/18/2015 12:24 am

Hi everybody-

I first joined this site because of acne (now I use the Tactupump and 50mg spiro per day and I'm clear), and I picked a lot.

Like a lot. And like dark heart, I pick around my fingernails. Little tiny hang nails turn into huge, bleeding, stinging, throbbing messes!

Can I join the challenge?