Notifications
Clear all

Absolute Best Moisturizing Moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 02/15/2015 1:09 am

So lately my skin has been more dry than normal and it has just stayed this way. It'd starting to get flaky again and what I'm doing is not cutting it. So for night time, I want a moisturizer that is the best and will get my face supple and nowhere near dry again. I'm thinking a creme like from cetaphil, but the reviews complain of clogging pores. Also, I'll be mixing half and half with AHA+ so it has to be able to mix well. Just whatever is the best moisturizing product, I don't care if it will be shiny or greasy since it'll be for night, just as long as it doesn't irritate or cause clogged pores. I'm currently using Cerave for my moisturizer, the blue bottle, which is great for daytime, but I'm starting to use Paulas Choice moisturizing gel which dries to a matte finish and looks great for daytime.

So, what is the most moisturizing creme or moisturizer that meets these loose requirements? Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/15/2015 2:10 am

My favorite thing to use is an oil. I like watermelon seed oil. It's keeping my accutane dryness under control and not clogging me. Oils are sort of funny, though. You might have to try a few before you find one your skin likes. High linoleic ones are the best to start with. For example, safflower, sunflower, hemp, grapeseed, etc.

atari640 liked
MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 02/15/2015 3:07 am

Thanks. What about Jojoba Oil? Seems to have always popular here.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/16/2015 1:17 pm

Thanks. What about Jojoba Oil? Seems to have always popular here.

I've heard of people having issues with jojoba oil because it is more of a liquid wax than an oil. Some people do seem to love it, though. It could be worth a try.

MemberMember
(@atari640)

Posted : 06/03/2015 5:58 am

Argan oil really fixed all my moisturizing issues it eliminates redness over night mattifies softens people say its more on the expensive side but thinking of all the things it does for my skin its in my opinion 5 over the counter creams in 1 that from avene costed me over 100 pounds so totaly worth it for me

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 06/04/2015 10:13 am

neutrogena oil free sensitive skin moisturizer would be good for dry skin and then once your skin heals I would start using neutrogena oil free combination skin to maintain it. worked for me!

atari640 and DeLovely liked
Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 06/04/2015 2:20 pm

I use Nivea Creme if I have really dry skin (the one in the blue tub). It's so thick that you can actually use it as an overnight cream. However, it does have some ingredients that could clog pores so if you are planning to use it, I would suggest that you do a patch test on one area of your face just to make sure you wont have any bad break outs. Plus, it's the only moisturizer that helped in keeping my facial eczema at bay. You may also try Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, diluted Tea Tree Oil or even Witch's Hazel along with your moisturizer. But like I said, it's always best that you do a patch test first before trying any new products.

MemberMember
(@ladypink)

Posted : 06/19/2015 9:13 am

Pure Aloe Vera gel =)