Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omgitspres

anyone try proactiv or burts bees?

i ordered proactiv & will start it next week....im hoping that when proactiv clears my face ill move on to another line of products instead of repeatedly buying proaciv for the rest of my life! is burts bees good? all of their stuff smells great & seems really natural & healthy! but does proactiv work? im really hoping it works within a month....

i've been using proactiv for 2 moths now and its OK at most. The first week or so my skin did clear a little and became a bit smoother but there were still pimples and whiteheads. Then after 1 month and a half, it stopped working for me. I then decided that I needed to up the amount I used. Basically I'm using twice as much of the bp lotion as before (kind of like dan's suggestion on his BP gel) and its been much more effective, my skins definitely clearing up. So all in all, just use A LOT of proactiv and it will be effective. hth

i tried pro activ it didnt do anything for me, it actually dried my face out alot

but i guess everybody reacts to things differently, so its worth a try

What product from the Burt's Bees range? Some of that stuff is nice, the honeycomb lipbalm is really good, I didn't like the blemish stick that much though, it runs out quickly and didn't make much difference for me.

PROACTIV FUCKING SUCKS..

i believed the bullshit testimonials to... i wish someone told me not to waste $40 bucks and my time on it..

jessica simpson took accutane in small dosages to get rid of her acne, proactiv would of taken up to much time for her and it would of taken anyone around 1 month to see results on any regimen.. dans, botchlas, what makes proactiv any different its sa + bp = clear

no FUCKIN shit

and click the search button when u need something that has been posted 1565165 times kk thx

I've been on proactiv forever. It does help some, especially if you add on the moisturizer. Dermatologists have told me that the toner is not that great, and can dry out your skin. I would like to switch to something else, but I don't know what! I've been on Proactive since I was a teenager, and my skin has changed quite a bit since then- still fairly crappy though. Anybody have suggestions?

okay, not on egood testimonial here so far. what does that tell you about proativ? overpriced and overhyped. Its basically a regimen put together and overpriced.

I've done both. Not fond of ProActiv. Like people have said, its so overpriced (those tv informercials aren't free) and too drying for some skin types. Burt's Bees have some interesting products. For a while I used the Carrot Complexion Soap, the Citrus Facial Scrub, and the Parsley Blemish stick. Somewhat pricey products and they worked okay. I like the Parsley Blemish stick, although I know others have hated it. The soap and scrub were okay, but I have very sensitive skin and like just about every other OTC product, they irritated my skin. I still use the scrub every once in a while though because it does a godo job.

well i just got my proactiv yesterday im gonna start out once a day for 3 days and then move to twice a day! i hope it works...i want my life back!!!

Well, seems like I'm the exception - Proactiv has worked really well for me. And I tried everything else over the years - retin a, cleocin, differin, antibiotics, Ortho tri cyclen, etc. I've been using it for almost a year now, and haven't really broken out at all, except occasionally one small pimple when I get my period. It did take about two months or so to start working though, so maybe people are giving up too easily.

i tried proactiv - seemed to help some, BUT - i have to agree with the toner not being the best - my skin doesn't tolerate anything harsh very well. one thing i've heard about proactiv is that the cleaners/toners are very harsh - that's why you have to follow up with the moisturizer. What worked AMAZINGLY well for me was going to the doctor and getting a prescription for doxycycline 100mg - taken 2xdaily. it cleared up a lot within just a couple of days. it's a 1-month regimen. after that, i'm going to try a gentle cleanser & moisturizer - probably from nutragena. also - stay away from epiclear - it may work, but they are CROOKS - automatic ordering, ignoring requests to stop shipment, etc. - go to 'bad business bureau.com (no spaces) and type in 'epiclear' - you will see the consumer complaints.

I tried proactiv and it worked-- the only problem is that it was very expensive.

I tried burt's bees (Carrot day creme), I think it caused me to break out... I use it only as a really dry skin creme, or an eye creme.

I tried Proactiv and was completely underwhelmed by its effectiveness. I too saw the infomercials and it really got my hopes up that my skin would clear up. After 2 weeks, my skin looked even worse, I had a patch of little bumps form on my lower right cheek. I'm pretty sure that was the Proactiv as I've never had anything like that before I used it, or after I stopped using it. However, as someone in the thread said earlier, everyone is different. Just don't get your hopes up too high.

P.S. You're enrolled in their program when you make an order. They send you a new shipment every two months, but you can change the time between shipments from 4 - 16 weeks. If you hadn't done so already, make sure you change it to 16 weeks until you get a chance to try the product. You wouldn't want a second kit coming while you're still trying the first.

Dude proactiv sucks. It fucked up my face soooooooooooooooooooooooo much its rediculous. dont even fuck with it. get ANYTHING else.

I use burt bee's tomato toner. It work's real nice in getting all the guck out of your pores. It's got fruit and veggy acids. I would not recommend for sensitive skin.

I'm on Proactiv right now. However, I used the Proactiv for a month and noticed no difference. So, I mixed up Denorex (dandruff shampoo with 3% salicylic acid) with the cleanser (2.5% benzoyl peroxide). I used the toner by itself. For the lotion (2.5% benzoyl peroxide), I mixed up a Clean & Clear Moisturizer (0.5% salicylic acid) since the Proactiv lotion alone dried me up. I am now seeing a big difference in my complexion. The only problem is, I used toothpaste on my zits at night for about a week, which left burn-looking marks where I applied the paste. Now, I've got to resist the toothpaste tonight. :doh: I guess mixing SA and BP makes a big difference. Proactiv uses just BP. Steaming also helps.

I've only tried Burt's Bees Lip Balm. I've never tried any of Burt's facial products. Considering the ingredients, they sound pretty good for your skin if it’s not sensitive.

i ordered proactiv & will start it next week....im hoping that when proactiv clears my face ill move on to another line of products instead of repeatedly buying proaciv for the rest of my life! is burts bees good? all of their stuff smells great & seems really natural & healthy! but does proactiv work? im really hoping it works within a month....

well... it didnt do anything to help me at all but it could be different for you...good luck... but something that does work for your face at least is natures cure. it has a cream and a month of pills to take..... and its only like 10 bucks.

Proactiv - Grrrrrrr! :evil:

Burt's Bees - Years ago, I tried the Garden Tomato soap and Herbal Stick. The Garden Tomato burned and overdried my skin and lips. The Parsley Blemish Stick aggravated my acne instead of healing it.