Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sapphire

DERMABRASION PICTURES!!!

Hey everyone! I finally got my pictures up...(thanks Kiki and Ours Fan for your help eusa_angel.gifeusa_angel.gif )

In order to view them, go to the Gallery on page 13 under Sapphire.

My dermabrasion was done 9/15/04. I can't edit the caption to reflect the dates (don't know how or if it can be done) Sorry! If there are any questions let me know. Also, any comments...

My derm was done with the wheel-diamond fraise, not the wire. You can read more on, *My dermabrasion experience, wheel not wire not with Dr Y*.

Hi all,

I'm having a full face dermabrasion with Dr.Yaborough on Nov 08th.

Do you'll know any good makeup for a guy/male?

I'm taking 14 days off work.

But people will still notice the redness on week three.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Morris

Thanks oldguy!!!  I'm not very good with computers at all.  Thanks for your assistance!!!  biggrin.gif

Morris-- go with a tinted moisturizer. Maybe Linda Sy's ZincO, in the tinted shade. Hope that helps!

And you're looking good, Sapphire!

Sapphire--you are looking great! Congrats on the great healing.

MOrris--I know that John Sydney used dermablend (a makeup formulated as a camoflage for defects) and was really pleased. I used their competitor--coverblend--because the colors were a better match, and I found it less chalky. I actually do not use any powder after wards--just that on top of well-moisturized skin and it covers great. I actually think that just sunscreen or even a tinted moisturizer wouldn't be enough to cover your redness.

good luck

--leo

frikkin heck whats all the red? I'm scared. But hey, results are fantastic. But i am sad because ill never use dermabrasion now (plus I can't afford it)

I had no idea those were the effects of it, it looks like a stab wound. You were so brave, but you look fantstic now and your skin glows! Congrats.

Guest Tracy

It looks so much better!! Congrats, Sapphire!! eusa_clap.gif

Thanks to all for the well wishes! biggrin.gif They make me feel happy! eusa_dance.gif

Kayla87-- the wounds are more like the skin was scraped-not stabbed. It didn't hurt, although it looks very painful. The most painful part was the injections/nerve blocks to numb me before the derm.

polkadots-- the red is because the skin was abraded. A small hand held sander/Dremel type tool is used to remove the upper layers of the skin.

Morris-- I could wear make up at day 10-my first day in public. I had 14 days off work. I still have some discoloration, but in large part due to an acne flare since the dermabrasion. eusa_wall.gifcry.gifsad.gif I absolutely hate that! My cheeks were pretty dark pink at day 14. If you are having full face it may be less noticeable. My cheeks "stood out". But I liked the pink color wub.gif as it faded the acne came so now I'm battling that!

Sorry, I do not have any make-up advice. My PS gave me some make-up that lets the skin "breathe". It's used after peels and derms. Lycogel, or somehting like that. I don't really like it. Seemed too thick and hard to apply.

Good luck with your dermabrasion!!!

dolmal-- yes my skin was near normal color at 5 weeks, but I do have make-up on in that pic. Raason being is that to me make-up would make the scar show up more due to the lighting/shadow effect.

To all--I am pleased I had the dermabrasion done because I have had some improvement, it is still too soon to tell how much. Plus, I'm bummed with the acne now and that has been my primary concern. However, I know that I still have a ways to go in my battle with the scarring.

Thanks again!!! eusa_angel.gif

Hi Sapphire,

Congratulations on your noticeable improvement. I just had a dermabrasion myself and would like to hire you as my scar photographer. I suck at taking photos with my digital camera! I never know what the best angle, lighting to use to best represent my scars and show my results. I'm trying to document my dermabrasion with photos but so far it's mostly headshots so you can see how I'm healing day to day.

That looks painful but if it helps it's worth it. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost? I'm looking into getting this done soon.

girl3900, My dermabrasion which was done on my cheeks only- cost $800 total. Virtually painless!

kooky, I can not take any credit for the photography work. All the credit goes to my husband who has been an amatuer photographer and has won several awards over the years. It truly makes all the difference with the angle, lighting, flash, etc. So many factors can affect the photos' appearance.

Hi, looks like you have had some improvement.

I had two full face dermabrasions in the past and was happy with the results as well.

One thing to note: the skin is swollen for a few months, so the initial improvement may seem to be more than what will be permanent. Just don't get your hopes up too high.

Being a guy, and one of 'color', I did use makeup recommended by my cosmetic surgeon that is used mostly for hiding bruises and other severe discoloration: Clinique continuous coverage. It had great coverage and was matte. Just don't get carried away. Because it is oil based, it may cause breakouts if you use too much.

For my deeper ice picks, I had some 'excised' both by my cosmetic surgeon and my dermatologist. The improvement is definitely worth it, and I am scheduled to have 2 or 3 excised next Monday, and 4 excised in January.

I also tried Artecoll, which seemed to do nothing for me.

Another comment, dermabrasion does seem to make you look younger. I'm 36 and many believe I am in my mid to late twenties.

$800 is not bad at all. I really want to get this done. Sorry if i'm asking obvious questions, but my scars are quite shallow rollings...do you think those could be completely gone with dermabrasion? I dont' know much about this procedure and my derm was unwilling to talk about it with me. Is it only for those with severe scarring? Also, it goes deeper than a moderate chemical peel, correct? Thanks for any help.

hi all,

I had my fullface dermabrasion yesterday. The only painfull part was when

Dr.Yarborugh applied the freezing agent.

Now my face is covered with a bandage. The face is very red.

Thankyou all for the info on the makeup tips.

$800 is not bad at all. I really want to get this done. Sorry if i'm asking obvious questions, but my scars are quite shallow rollings...do you think those could be completely gone with dermabrasion? I dont' know much about this procedure and my derm was unwilling to talk about it with me. Is it only for those with severe scarring? Also, it goes deeper than a moderate chemical peel, correct? Thanks for any help.

hey morris good luck with your recovery!

girl3900 i think anyone with scars (severe or not) could do dermabrasion, if u have shallow one i would think u would just get rid of em' and get this scar problem behind u, but maybe some doctors think that it really doesnt need anything because its soooo shallow,,either that or thay can't perform it themselves..

sapphire,

really happy for you . cong. smile.gif

if you can tell more about the process (healing time, improvments, how many treatments one has to go.. i think it interest many people here smile.gif

hey morris good luck with your recovery!

girl3900 i think anyone with scars (severe or not) could do dermabrasion, if u have shallow one i would think u would just get rid of em' and get this scar problem behind u, but maybe some doctors think that it really doesnt need anything because its soooo shallow,,either that or thay can't perform it themselves..

sapphire,

really happy for you . cong.

if you can tell more about the process (healing time, improvments, how many treatments one has to go.. i think it interest many people here

some: you can search my posts/topics. I have explained my dermabrasion in detail on another thread--"My dermabrasion experience..." I have only had 1 demabrasion 9/15/04.