Notifications
Clear all

Has Acne Prevent You From Starting A Life Of Your Own?

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 01/04/2015 4:07 am

Due to the nightmare that was high school, I never mustered up the courage to go to college. I'm now 21 1/2 & feel like I might be ok with it now but at my age do you think it's too late to start school again? Did anyone else not go because of acne?

Tbh I kind of feel like i want to join one of the military branches but again my physiological trauma prevents me from taking any affirmative action in my life, not to mention how embarrassing it would be if everyone would get to see my back acne.... sigh i just feel to ugly for society. After being told that for years by strangers I believe them. Someone give me advice please, how have you delt with incorporating yourself with society was it hard? Life of an ugly man is so hard dude, the worst of it is I did nothing to deserve this kind of treatment from humanity.

I consider myself a good person but, all the mental abuse over the years has absolutely changed something about me... I have a confession actually. I noticed that while I try to stay away from people in general. I'm ashamed to admit that i have abused animals in the past =(. That's something I feel I would have never done had it not been for all the hatred people have put in me. Again I apologize to any pet owners, that's something i feel very guilty about. I guess I felt that I had to take my anger out on anything I could, even my old pet dog. but don't worry I haven't seen him since i moved & no I currently have no pets.

I read somewere that animal abuse is a common stepping stone to becoming a full blown serial killer, which kind of scares me... sigh I'm just a big mess really. Perhaps I should visit a shrink, I never have & never felt the need to but I may have been wrong. I just want what everyone else does... a happy healthy life, I don't even want to be ritch.

I'll be moving back with my mom soon & I hope I can get my life together this time, I spent the whole summer and winter just waiting on my acne to clear up on its own. I believe it's now at a good enough level to were i might actually be able to function as a regular member of society. By no means is it anywere near flawless skin though, I still have many large open pores & few discoloration. At least I know it'll never be as bad as in my teens, that's only a small comfort though..

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 01/04/2015 8:30 am

Due to the nightmare that was high school, I never mustered up the courage to go to college. I'm now 21 1/2 & feel like I might be ok with it now but at my age do you think it's too late to start school again? Did anyone else not go because of acne?

Tbh I kind of feel like i want to join one of the military branches but again my physiological trauma prevents me from taking any affirmative action in my life, not to mention how embarrassing it would be if everyone would get to see my back acne.... sigh i just feel to ugly for society. After being told that for years by strangers I believe them. Someone give me advice please, how have you delt with incorporating yourself with society was it hard? Life of an ugly man is so hard dude, the worst of it is I did nothing to deserve this kind of treatment from humanity.

I consider myself a good person but, all the mental abuse over the years has absolutely changed something about me... I have a confession actually. I noticed that while I try to stay away from people in general. I'm ashamed to admit that i have abused animals in the past =(. That's something I feel I would have never done had it not been for all the hatred people have put in me. Again I apologize to any pet owners, that's something i feel very guilty about. I guess I felt that I had to take my anger out on anything I could, even my old pet dog. but don't worry I haven't seen him since i moved & no I currently have no pets.

I read somewere that animal abuse is a common stepping stone to becoming a full blown serial killer, which kind of scares me... sigh I'm just a big mess really. Perhaps I should visit a shrink, I never have & never felt the need to but I may have been wrong. I just want what everyone else does... a happy healthy life, I don't even want to be ritch.

I'll be moving back with my mom soon & I hope I can get my life together this time, I spent the whole summer and winter just waiting on my acne to clear up on its own. I believe it's now at a good enough level to were i might actually be able to function as a regular member of society. By no means is it anywere near flawless skin though, I still have many large open pores & few discoloration. At least I know it'll never be as bad as in my teens, that's only a small comfort though..

Society does not exist. It is an illusion. It's fake. You cannot be a member of something that does not exist. In a society you would not encounter the people you (and me) have encountered. You would have no reason to stay away from people.

I have been treated the same way by other people with no fault of my own. I have never punched people into a hospital or something. The discrimination is real. It always has been. I have been put in a mental hospital.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 01/04/2015 11:24 pm

I guess your right Alexander sigh... it sucks.

So listen people I might go visit new York city via train sometime soon, since I live on long island right now it's pretty close, I haven't been there since I was like 11& I figure I should try to go before I move back to indiana. It's not everyday you can go to one of the capitals of the world, I plan on going at night though to see all the bright lights & because im more comfortable at night lol. If I decide to go I'll let you guys know how it went, maybe I'll go see a movie or show or just walk around time square.I feel it should be a growing experience

MemberMember
(@tadamasa)

Posted : 01/09/2015 6:33 pm

Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I've had really bad acne for the past 4 years. Even though I did go to college I didn't have any friends, and if there was anyone who wanted to get to know me, I avoided them since I did not want to be seen like this. I've also been skipping classes and running away from social gatherings like a coward because of the depression caused by acne & scarring. I feel like I have so much potential to do so much more with my life but acne holds me back. I'm kinda suicidal but I keep promising myself that one day my skin will be flawless and I'll make up for all the years of suffering I endured. Some day...

But anyways hey since your skin has mostly cleared up maybe you can start making up for all those lost years due to acne.

MemberMember
(@marbleartist)

Posted : 01/10/2015 2:22 pm

Yes. But I am trying to make a change.

MemberMember
(@arinata)

Posted : 01/13/2015 2:23 am

I've wanted to apply to modeling agencies, but I always get mixed signals from people (on & offline)

I't ranges from: "it's no big deal, that's what photoshop is for" to --> "you should probably clear it up first" to --> "no way, you have to have near flawless skin"

I've told people about my dreams of modeling and people usually gush over how well I'd do and though my acne is considered slight, it's a big deal to me :l

And I'm really pale so almost every zit I get leaves hyperpigmentation that stays 6mo-1yr+

I have put off sending pictures to large agencies and going to local agencies because I know having acne is a hinderence and I'll have a better chance when my skin clears up but I'm afraid I'll be too old by then (I'm 18 now)

I'm just hoping that eating healthier + excercise + my birth control pill will clear it up before I graduate college :l