Regimen Warning And...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen Warning And Advice

MemberMember
(@hoelschergurlzhotmail-com)

Posted : 01/04/2015 2:50 am

This regimen is well thought out and an extensive process. And with time a patients it will work but by no means is this a cure for acne. It took about 2 months tops for my skin to become flawless. And pimple free. But don't get your hopes up. Because more often than not the acne will return. The skin eventually builds up an immunity or antibiotic resistance to the bp and the product is no longer as effective as it once was. I was clear for maybe 4 months plus the 2 it took me to become clear. The only way you will be able to ditch the dryness and flakiness is with aha and the downsides to this regimen are enlarged pores and my skin almost looks aged. And after you discontinue using it your skin will be OILY and I mean OILY. The clear skin was nice while it last but in the end it is al pat a waste of time to see all your hard work down the toilet in 6 months.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 01/04/2015 9:52 am

It is physically impossible for acne bacteria to become resistant to BP treatment. See FAQ's.

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#misc

I'm sorry if you were disappointed by your Regimen results. But everyone's skin is different and responds differently to treatment. I hope you find the skin care plan that works for you!

MemberMember
(@hoelschergurlzhotmail-com)

Posted : 01/16/2015 12:55 am

It is physically impossible for acne bacteria to become resistant to BP treatment. See FAQ's.

[url= http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#misc ] http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#misc [/urls

I'm sorry if you were disappointed by your Regimen results. But everyone's skin is different and responds differently to treatment. I hope you find the skin care plan that works for you!

I didn't say my skin was immune I said it seems like it is less effective as time goes on. Benzoyl peroxide works by creating oxygen under the skin. I'm saying that as time goes on you may not get the consistent perfect skin you had in the previous months.

MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 01/22/2015 4:51 am

Speaking from experience when I used BP, it's effectiveness did wear off after about six months, and the same as the OP when you stop your skin for some reason is super oily. It took me about a year for my skin to regain some moisture and balance itself out, it looked awful after months of BP, had lost it's glow and was taking ages to heal. I think it depends on your skin type as to how you will handle BP as it does work great for lots of people, it's trial and error I guess, by all means give it a go but there are other options, now I'm a bit older my skin responds better to aha and salicylic acid and a gentle retinoid in my regimen, not to mention lots of moisturiser and a soap free cleanser, if you get the balance right then these products can really make a difference to you complexion, I think it's best to use topicals moderately until you know what your skin can handle.