Notifications
Clear all

Smashbox?

MemberMember
(@lanie1)

Posted : 01/01/2015 2:41 am

Hey guys, I got some smashbox photo ready primer for Christmas and was wondering what you guys thought of it. Any breakouts? I've read some reviews and most are good, but am still cautious after a bad breakout with sephora cc cream.

MemberMember
(@holsr)

Posted : 01/05/2015 5:14 pm

I just got this too. There arnt any comedogenic ingredients in it so I'm hoping it will be fine. I don't have the actual bottle yet to make sure there weren't any missing ingredients on the product description online so I would check the label against a full comedigenic list to make sure.

MemberMember
(@samb)

Posted : 01/22/2015 5:52 pm

I've used it in the past and it didn't break me out at all but I have heard of some people saying it's caused them to break out. Upon just quickly glancing the ingredients nothing strikes me as being comedogenic lol but I could always be wrong, haven't fully analyzed all the ingredients or anything. I found that this primer didn't control oil at all for me though, if you're looking for an oil controlling primer I'd try their light version.

Oh and on another note, for anyone on a bit of a budget NYX looks like it has a pretty good dupe for this primer ingredient wise at a fraction of the price.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 01/22/2015 9:56 pm

No breakouts for me on that primer. I have only been using it for almost two weeks and so far so good. Your make-up lasts longer, but SamB is right, it doesn't do anything for oil control. I have very very very oily skin so I just have to blot throughout the day.