Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK did anyone watch Extreme Makeover last night? The woman on the show had really bad skin, scars and discoloration. The doctor said her face was a mess and was going to have to use every laser available. I think she got IPL and V-beam. I think other lasers were used but I can't remember.

Well, I really wasn't too impressed with the results. Her skin did not improve that much, with or without make-up. You could still see the scarring even with the make-up.

I guess these lasers are not all they are cracked up to me. I am not a big fan of all these non-ablative lasers.

yeah that's the problem I have with docs.They encourage and promote these worthless lasers knowing they will have a minimal effect at best.1 doc tried to sell this IPL crap to me and I just laughed in her face.knowlege IS power.

yeah that's the problem I have with docs.They encourage and promote these worthless lasers knowing they will have a minimal effect at best.1 doc tried to sell this IPL crap to me and I just laughed in her face.knowlege IS power.

Uhoh. I don't like hearing that. I'm going to be starting Smoothbeam soon and was hoping for really good results. *sigh* confused.gif

i think lasers and chemical peels can cause dark scarring on brown skin so instead people like me would use alpha hydroxy or lactic acids to smooth out scarring and irritation.

Last year I had a laser procedure...it cost me $1500.00...it did nothing for my scars...made my face peel like the average sunburn.. It has been almost a year.. I still suffer...hyperpigmentation..weird feeling and acting skin...and NEW SCARS that look like thin lines.

As for Thermage....It is known to melt the fat in your face..this shows up many months AFTER the procedure ...could you imagine how bad our scars would look with no fat left in our cheeks..????!!!!!

If you woud like more info on Thermage, laser, chemical peels etc. ..All the stuff the docs are trying to sell you.. (to pay for their machines, no doubt)...and the results..

be it good or bad..

visit... www.beautysurg.com message boards...Its Excellent.

I wish I had.. before I had the laser... sad.gif

When I watch those makeover shows and some of the people have acne scars, I must admit, the after sight is much better than the before because they are loaded with makeup, and have just gotten tummy tucks, boob jobs, nose jobs,whatever lol but I have to agree that I'm not that impressed with all of the laser treatments for scarring. I often wonder why the docs don't perform dermabrasion or something else and I figure, first, finding a great doctor to perform Derm is difficult and second, the healing phase also tends to be scary and sometimes unpredicitable so you know how that goes... smile.gif Anyway, even though I'm kind of anti the whole "hollywood/society's concept of beauty" if I didnt have to be on television and they were just offering those full blown hardcore makeovers, I'd do it :X

Last year I had a laser procedure...it cost me $1500.00...it did nothing for my scars...made my face peel like the average sunburn.. It has been almost a year..  I still suffer...hyperpigmentation..weird feeling and acting skin...and NEW SCARS that look like thin lines.

As for Thermage....It is known to melt the fat in your face..this shows up many months AFTER the procedure ...could you imagine how bad our scars would look with no fat left in our cheeks..????!!!!!

If you woud like more info on Thermage, laser, chemical peels etc. ..All the stuff  the docs are trying to sell you..  (to pay for their machines, no doubt)...and the results..

be it good or bad..

visit...  www.beautysurg.com  message boards...Its Excellent.

I wish I had.. before I had the laser... sad.gif

^ What is dermabrasion EXACTLY? I mean, I sort of know but I'm still kind of clueless. Is it just for scars or what? And would it work on REALLY deep, disgusting ones? confused.gif

How sad that medical science can do so much, but doctors keep using the ineffective lasers. I think that most of their customers need to work on their brains rather than their beauty.

How sad that medical science can do so much, but doctors keep using the ineffective lasers. I think that most of their customers need to work on their brains rather than their beauty.