Notifications
Clear all

I Am So Done With Accutane.

MemberMember
(@cateyyy567)

Posted : 12/10/2014 9:32 pm

My mind and body are SO finished with being on Accutane. I'm five and a half months into my six month treatment on 40mg a day.

I'm sick of mood swings, muscle and joint pain, chapped lips, eczema, dry flakey skin under my makeup, and blood tests.

I absolutely can not wait for my doctor to tell me I'm finished.

However, if I had to, I would do it again in a heartbeat. This stuff has worked absolute magic on my skin.

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 12/10/2014 11:01 pm

Wait...so your "so done with accutane" but would do it again in a heartbeat?

If your body is done with accutane, how can your skin decide to take something your so done of?

Mod Edit - Content removed.

MemberMember
(@sarahlous)

Posted : 12/11/2014 1:19 am

With all due respect nobody particularly likes side effects, but they put up with them because the positive outweighs the negative. If it has worked magic on your skin, that's great news! Keep in mind that there are an astounding amount of people who are still breaking out badly even after 5 months of this medication so consider yourself lucky. Plus I think your body will survive 2 more weeks, no?

I was taking this delightful stuff for nearly 9 months, and it was extra fun because I still had bad breakouts until after I stopped taking it. So it was like, a total blast to have all these side effects but not the results I expected! Such a fun ride. Then 5 months after that I had to go BACK on this medication!!!! Side effects are twice as bad this time!!!!! :) Complaining about them doesn't relieve any of the pain, though... Hmm.