Notifications
Clear all

Good Comebacks When People Make Fun Of Your Acne

MemberMember
(@happiness123)

Posted : 12/08/2014 9:09 pm

It really bugs me when people ignorantly comment on my skin and I really want to stand up to myself instead of just sitting there and letting them make fun of me. I would like to know some good comebacks. I thought of:

"My acne will go away one day, but your face will always look like a piece of shit."

I really can't think of much else.

Please don't just say to ignore them or be the bigger person and not say anything else, because that does NOTHING. I know from experience.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 12/08/2014 11:10 pm

Haha, I remember distinctively a friend of mine use that line on someone who was making fun of her skin. The other girl constantly bragged about never having a zit in her life, but was not cute. That was several years ago. Now the acne skinned girl is gorgeous with a banging body, the other girl is still ugly but now fatter.

Use it! It works. Being confident, even when it's faked, is necessary at times. Strike back sometimes, you still have a right to call people out for being assholes.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/09/2014 4:08 am

Hmm, people never made fun of acne probably because so many people have it at my age, its stupid to make fun of it. Its like making fun of a guy with a mustache, its pretty normal to have it so people dont use it as an insult lol

MemberMember
(@jakspar0w)

Posted : 12/09/2014 6:45 pm

how about giving them a big ol F U? no one ever brings acne up to me personally, but if this happened it would probably not go over well for them. If someone cares enough to bring it up, they ultimately do not mesh with me as a person, therefore I would not care about how my reaction would affect them. sorry, not sorry!!

MemberMember
(@sarahlous)

Posted : 12/09/2014 8:13 pm

You're saying you want to stand up for yourself instead of ignoring them or being the bigger person. Standing up for yourself, however, isn't accomplished successfully by throwing an equally cruel insult right back in their face. Standing up for yourself involves recognizing that the people who have the audacity to bully you about acne are actually very deeply insecure and troubled. You can't add fuel to the fire and expect positive results - you need to be smart about your reaction.

I would suggest the following options...

"Thank you for taking the time to concern yourself with a couple of spots on my face. Luckily, acne is a transient issue that often goes away on its own accord. When it comes to your problems though, you're going to need a lot of therapy and counselling to cope with the massive insecurities you possess that cause you to behave in such a way that insults others in a sad attempt to gain a false sense of inferiority"

"Yeah I've got a couple spots on my face, but I'd say things are going pretty well for me if that's all you can think of to insult me with. It's a temporary issue so I'm not affected by it. I suggest you focus your energy elsewhere"

"If you're taking precious time out of your life just to mention some spots on my face, you've clearly got some deep-rooted problems yourself which will last infinitely longer than my acne ever could. Good luck with that"

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 12/10/2014 12:44 am

Be nice comrade. Negativity is not the answer. PM me, I'll help your situation.

This coming from the Korean dictator? Nice haircut by the way dude. Tic-tac sir?

Just let 'em know that acne causes black eyes too. And that it has an affinity for stupid people in that regard.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 12/15/2014 12:27 am

Tell them to shut the fuck up.

Be nice comrade. Negativity is not the answer. PM me, I'll help your situation.

Why the hell is kimjungun your icon?

MemberMember
(@teenyparty)

Posted : 09/22/2016 5:56 pm

-person makes fun of your acne-
Listen buddy, this acne will clear up, your stupidity can't

MemberMember
(@leya296)

Posted : 06/07/2018 10:09 pm

If someone makes fun of your acne or just a few pimples on your skin I've been through that but I got medicine to treat it now it's gone. Anyways, you could say "You know what's funny? You clearly don't know the definition of 'Puberty' I'd rather be covered with acne then have to be stupid like you." Or if they're fat just say "I don't like being mean but you asked for it.. You're so fat that if you fell I wouldn't laugh but the sidewalk would crack up, at least I don't cause an earthquake when I fall on the ground you oversized walrus"

MemberMember
(@jwalk)

Posted : 06/08/2018 2:16 pm

I dont think there are any generic comebacks that you can really use. I suppose you could mock their appearance or intelligence, but that would only really work if they looked worse or are stupider than you.

You do kinda lose the moral high ground if you stoop to their level,if that means anything to you. You also make it abundantly clear that what they are saying is bothering you, which may encourage them further. (Im convinced that I avoided a lot of bullying at school because the bullies got bored of my lack of reaction and just started bullying someone else).

This is a bit of a catch 22 situation, as you can either ignore it and let them think your ok with it (which gives them no real incentive to stop doing it), or stand up to them and confirm that what they are saying is hurting your feelings (which its what they want most of all).

The main issue with bullying/ teasing/ harassment is the power imbalance. They immediately know that you are vulnerable and have a good idea what that vulnerability is. They automatically feel superior to you, so pretty much anything you say to them in defence wont affect them. That is unless you happen to know they have a weakness or vulnerability that you can capitalise on.