Notifications
Clear all

Got Rid Of Pimples, But Redness Increased. Why?

MemberMember
(@mingikivi)

Posted : 12/05/2014 7:38 am

Hey guys!

I had a lot of problems with acne since high school and I'm 24 now.

I've learned, what works for me and what doesn't in terms of pimples, greasy/oily face, less with facial redness.

With greasy skin, vitamin D3, drinking more water and getting rid of sweets(sugars) and dairy products worked.

With pimples, my last try was getting rid of products, that include gluten(..of all the things I've tried, that has worked the most quick and efficient. No bs).

To dry out acne, when getting pimples or redness, some of the best things that work, are benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid.

In general, what also has worked for me, is a good night sleep, exercise and lowering stress.

Also, one of my recent discoveries(take in mind, that I've been passionate and self-conscious about my acne for 5 years now) was that if i ejaculate(sex & masturbation) too often, my facial redness increases. I also used to have more pimple breakouts because of that, but losing gluten from my diet took that away. I researched it and turned out, that ejaculating too often can result in deficiency in coenzyme A(google it). Also, you begin to sweat and it messes up your skin, if you don't shower/wash and it messes your face up.

WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID,

Even thought i stopped breaking out with pimples because i dropped gluten, my facial redness has increased and has become a bigger problem than it was before. I'd like to know, what's up with that. With all my diets, have i also stopped consuming some vitamins or nutrients, that help to reduce redness, inflammation and skin irritation and that gluten, dairy or sweets include?

Also, about 1-1,5 months ago(when i dropped gluten products), I started eating oatmeal for breakfast. If i'm not wrong, oatmeal should NOT include gluten, but some say it does. I started to eat that, because it gives me energy in the morning and with all the diets, that stop me from eating stuff like sandwiches, i had to replace them with something. I'm still going to try to cook the oats a bit and make a mask with them, as it is highly recommended in acne-related forums and apart from other stuff, it doesn't have chemicals in it, that might mess up the skin.

So, to conclude:

My pimple breakouts have stopped, but my facial redness, inflammation and irritation have increased.

What nutrients or vitamins or other things am i not getting here. What's up with that? And what about oats? Can i switch to buckwheat?

Help, please!

MemberMember
(@jayesbro)

Posted : 12/05/2014 11:46 pm

Hey Ming,

The same issue plagues me, so I've done a lot of research on it recently. I ended up taking accutane for my acne, but I noticed my face was also really red especially after the pimples were gone. I think that's because we may not notice it as much while our face is freaking swolen with acne. I have concluded that it's probably a combination of hyperpigmentation from the acne, and sun damage (at least for me.) Most treatments of acne leave your skin very vunerable to the sun. We're both light skinned, so we're also pretty vunerable to the sun just based on that.

With that being said, I don't think it's roscea (I hope not) because we're both a bit too young for it in terms of typical demographics that are effected by it.

MemberMember
(@mingikivi)

Posted : 12/06/2014 5:48 pm

I think that's because we may not notice it as much while our face is freaking swolen with acne.

Excellent point.

As for the sun damage and stuff, this can't be it. My face loves the sun(D3 and sun dry acne). My face is the clearest during summertime. That being said, it's bad during winter time and when it's cold a bit. Has been since i got it. I've been working in the US for the past 3 summers(i was working in the south, but in US in general, the sun is crazy hot compared to Europe), AND i seldom used sunscreen, but i was exposed to the sun a lot. Because of that i now do have a sunburn on my nose, that is a b**ch, lol. I was working outside 13h/day for 90 days, so that's where that came. I'm open to suggestions on how to remove damaged skin caused by a sunburn tho. Be sure to coach me on that.

I'm still quite sure, that I'm not getting some of the nutrients or vitamins, that gluten-products gave me.

But you were totally right about not paying attention to the redness, when pimples are the ones, that anger me the most. But now, it's kind a weird and a relief to look in the mirror for 1-1,5 months(since i gave up gluten) and not see a major pop-up. If I could remove the redness, i'd be awesome.

I'll post a picture soon enough as well.

MemberMember
(@mingikivi)

Posted : 12/08/2014 5:29 am

Picture: 156es8l.jpg

Ok, so I've been off my game with the diets for a week and i can already see the results, lol.

• I haven't taken D3 for a week - bought it and taking 1000 UI/day
  • I'm gonna include Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids to my nutrient list;
  • I have ran out of BP and they don't sell it in my country(lol);
  • A friend of mine also suggested, i should try some Retinoid creams(Retin-A seems to work for most ppl here);
  • My sleeping schedule is messed up, which is essential to my acne-free skin; - improving it
  • I've ejaculated in average once a day(that's it, i'm joining the "no masturbation for a month" experient, lol); - on day 6
  • I'm also going to increase my water intake to 3-4 litres per day. - doing it
  • I'm gonna try Aloe Vera, that "somedayistoday" suggested

I guess i'll stop making a log out of this thread, lol.

I could still use some help with getting the inflammation and redness down.

MemberMember
(@somedayistoday)

Posted : 12/08/2014 6:53 am

Aloe Vera helps with redness, apply a generous amount at night. You can use it during the day to but it can be a little sticky. Natural aloe Vera is best but I use Lily of the desert which is 99% pure, Aubrey organics is also good.

MemberMember
(@mingikivi)

Posted : 12/09/2014 7:00 am

Thanks! I guess i'll try that.

I just bought some multivitamins as well, to get me filled with vitamins and nutrients, i might of missed.

MemberMember
(@sallyy75)

Posted : 12/17/2014 11:39 am

I used to always get red cheeks. I still get it from time to time but my new regime has helped to make these occasions rare.

Drink green tea

Use purechimp super face combo 2

I also kept a diary to see what triggered my skin redness & then tried to avoid these things. (I know its a pain but once you have done it you may find a way to reduce redness in your skin for the rest of your life).

Sugar way a big trigger for me personally.