Notifications
Clear all

I Got A Food Sensitivity Test, Cystic Almost Cleared But Still Need Help!

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 12/01/2014 5:16 am

Hey guys, need help!

If you don't wanna read my messed up story, skip to the bottom questions.

So I got a prick test for food allergies/sensitivities. the doctor was pissed off cuz he said he didn't think food had anything to do with my health issues. The results came back and I was right. He was still mean about it.

So the results said i was highly sensitive to soy and a lot of other stuff. It said I was barely sensitive to eggs and not sensitive at all to oats. I ate eggs and oats only for weeks and my acne almost completely cleared! I have cystic acne, but it was moderate at the time because I was already cutting out soy since I knew I reacted to it before the test.

I go back in for a blood test so i could test more food. i don't wanna keep eating eggs and oats! they decided to test for mostly the same stuff as before (complete jerks) and i noticed it before i turned it in to the blood lab. i changed some of the requested items. i didnt think it was a big deal. anyway they got pissed and i think they botched the results.

they came back saying NOTHING was reactive. The doctor then wrote next to Oats that it was reactive, but not significantly, which makes NO sense at all because that's one of the only foods I ate to clear my skin!

sorry for long story. my 2 questions:

1. is an allergy blood test different from a SENSITIVITY blood test? I think that may be a reason, too.

2. i know i'm sensitive to:

Almonds

Coconut

Filbert/Hazelnut

String Green Beans

Lima Beans

Green English Peas

Peanuts

Soybeans

Celery

Histamine

Buckwheat

Corn

Rice

I'm Barely sensitive to:

Eggs (white and yolk)

Milk

Cinnamon

Garlic

Ginger

Pecan

Pistachio

Walnut, Black Food (wtf? black walnut?)

Green Pepper

Mushroom

White Potato

And I'm Not sensitive to:

Oats

Rye

Whole Wheat

Poppy Seed

Apple

Orange

Peach

Tomato

Brazil Nut

Cashew Nut

Kidney-Pinto Beans

Carrots

Saline

Now I don't have perfect acess to good fruits because of my cold location.

Most of the fruit is already rotting. Also, I'm a veggetarian!

Can any of you tell me what YOU eat even if it's not on the list? I need some good meal ideas. Appreciated if you can!

THANKS EVERYONE!

Wtf? my profile views shot up 210 in a day!

Aww, fuck it! I got it guys. Thanks, though. You have any questions, feel free to ask.

MemberMember
(@arul)

Posted : 12/16/2014 8:59 pm

Most medical Doctor's don't have a clue what they are talking about. The big 5 food allergies are Dairy, Grains, Eggs, Soy, Nuts. Food allergies are an epidemic. Forget about food allergy tests. You well feel the results 2 - 6 hours having having food that disagrees with you (Bloating, acid reflux, discomfort, constipation, loose stools. Where does your acne appear? I have found when I get on Betaine HCL and digestive enzymes I generally don't feel reactions anymore

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 12/18/2014 3:26 pm

Arul

Most medical Doctor's don't have a clue what they are talking about. The big 5 food allergies are Dairy, Grains, Eggs, Soy, Nuts. Food allergies are an epidemic. Forget about food allergy tests. You well feel the results 2 - 6 hours having having food that disagrees with you (Bloating, acid reflux, discomfort, constipation, loose stools. Where does your acne appear? I have found when I get on Betaine HCL and digestive enzymes I generally don't feel reactions anymore

Qouting is weird for me right now.

Anyway,

I completely agree with you! Most really don't! lol! It's upsetting! That's interesting about the Betaine HCL. I'm strictly about natural products, now.

Was your acne caused by food reactions as well?

Is it clear now?

And was it Betaine that gave you that main push to heal up?

I'm considering Probiotics. I'm assuming that will be able to replace Betaine. And I have noticed some of the signs of negative reactions you have listed down there as well, now that I think about it. However, the fiber in oats makes me shit. I think Carrots do the same. I think I've gotten used to it, so my shit isn't as saucy as before.

As for areas, I found that bad wheats (donuts with soy, bread with soy) caused acne in my cheek and cheeck bone areas. Though 100% wheat didn't. I found that cheese caused a bunch of small bumps along with big bumps on my forehead area. I found that canned tomato sauce just made me break out quick with pimples and cysts on the side of my face (left side) between the cheek and ear. And Surgary syrup broke me out on my jawline. Whenever I ate food that doesn't agree with me, the bridge of my nose gets really irritated. These same odd bumps will flare up, but will dissapear if I stop eating bad stuff.

But yeah, I'm SUPER interested in your acne story! I'm visiting your profile!

Edit:

I read your story. I see you posted 3 minutes after this one! My questions are answered. Thanks for sharing!