Breaking Out While ...

Notifications
Clear all

Breaking Out While On Regime

MemberMember
(@erica03)

Posted : 11/29/2014 11:21 pm

I've been using the regime for about a month now and all of a sudden I'm starting to break out ((badly)) on the right side of my cheek only. I'm terrified because I don't want to go through the sad trial of a product not working on me AGAIN. I just started using the AHA+ since its been 4 weeks and I was wondering if it's okay to spot treat my inflamed acne with AHA+? I don't want to do anything wrong. If anyone has broken out while on regime please help me, I'm honestly so worried and starting to get sad again wondering if nothing's going to help my skin. Your help would be much appreciated.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 11/30/2014 1:22 am

Breaking out on the first few weeks is very normal on the regimen. Sometimes it is one of those situations where it gets worse before it gets better. Don't rush the AHA especially if your skin is still very sentistive. I remember when I started the regimen I was still breaking out on my 4-6th week and slowly got clearer after that.

I only started AHA after I had no more bumps, which was probably around my 10th week.

MemberMember
(@erica03)

Posted : 12/07/2014 4:07 pm

Breaking out on the first few weeks is very normal on the regimen. Sometimes it is one of those situations where it gets worse before it gets better. Don't rush the AHA especially if your skin is still very sentistive. I remember when I started the regimen I was still breaking out on my 4-6th week and slowly got clearer after that.

I only started AHA after I had no more bumps, which was probably around my 10th week.

Oops! I meant I've been using it for a month now and I started to break out around the same time you said you did, it is getting better. When did your skin stop breaking out?

MemberMember
(@hound)

Posted : 12/08/2014 4:10 am

Don't use AHA if you've still got active acne, it will cause further irritation.

Four weeks is the recommendation because that's when most people's active acne subsides, but some others such as yourself may take longer.

As Dan said, AHA is a product that takes clear skin, to the level of perfect skin. But if inflamed acne is still there, your skin has not yet given you the green light to apply further repairs. A burning house needs to be doused before it's rebuilt.