Notifications
Clear all

How Does Man Make His Skin Look Better?

MemberMember
(@51withskin)

Posted : 11/21/2014 11:57 am

How can a middle aged man make his ruddy complexion look smooth and vibrant again? Should he start using mostirizer and peptides? I would image sun screan is in order. But what kind of sun screan is good for acne prone skin?

Thanks for your help.

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 11/21/2014 12:26 pm

Sunscreen is the most important skin care item you can ever use on your skin in terms of anti aging. UV rays from the sun consists of UVA and UVB rays, they contribute greatly to the aging process.

UV rays hasten the aging process of your skin by promoting wrinkles, which lead to sagging and rough looking skin.

I suggest using a broad-spectrum sunscreen ( blocks UVA & UVB ) with at least an SPF of 15. An SPF of more than 15 isn't necessary as the increased protection from UV rays is negligible

It's absolutely important to wear your sunscreen EVERY day, even when it's cloudy outside. UV rays can penetrate through clouds and glass. Make it a HABIT to wear sunscreen everyday!

Yes, moisturizers are important to add and retain moisture to your skin. What I do to keep my skin hydrated and supple is putting 3 layers of different kinds of moisturizers.

I first use a serum, which is a lightweight and fast acting moisturizer. Second, I use a general moisturizer to add more moisture. Lastly, I add a creme, which is a heavier and longer lasting moisturizer.

Now, I don't expect a guy to do every step, as this can seem quite tedious, but at least use a high quality moisturizer to combat dryness.

You can use anti aging creams, but I'm not sure how effective they are. I'm quite young so I haven't experienced any age related problems. You can try them if you want, but sunscreens reign supreme, in my opinion , for slowing down the aging process.

Oh yea, it also helps if you avoid the sun like the plague like I do. Good luck.