Help With Cystic Ac...

Notifications
Clear all

Help With Cystic Acne

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 11/11/2014 1:02 pm

Hi this is my first post, bit nervous. Im 37 and the dermatologist has said im suffering muzzle acne. I keep getting painful cysts on my chin. Ive been so down. Havent been out the house etc. Hes recomending a course off accutane. The thing is every time i have a cyst it goes down but leaves a soft raised bump on my skin. Does anyone else have these? What are they? Theres nothing in them just soft raised skin. They dont feel hard like scars. Sometimes it looks like you can see purple in the middle like blood. Will the accutane help. Im at my wits end. I asked the derm which i had to pay for as my gp wouldnt refer me and he just said lets see whats left when you take the accutane? Any help would be so appreciated.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 11/12/2014 3:30 pm

Hello Zero,

Before you agree to take accutane, I would suggest that you check first the factors that are causing your acne. Do you talk on your phone for long periods? Have you recently switched your brand of toothpaste? Do you use shaving cream or any cosmetics on your skin? Small changes can make a big difference on your skin.

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 11/13/2014 2:11 pm

Its defineatly hormonal, i can only use one type of birth control as i have major problems with the rest. Its this that is causing them. Funny thing is ill have to change it if i go on accutane in anyway as the mini pill isnt accepted. Im so stuck. Im desperate for help. Im more worried about the raised things on my chin. If you stretch the skin you can see purple dots in the middle. Can you see through scar tissue?

MemberMember
(@bizz)

Posted : 12/04/2014 3:00 am

Accutane is the only thing that helped but you need to be aware that it can cause depression and may cause "purging"/surfacing of acne. I have cystic acne and yes I get cysts that never truly go away without cortisone. Sulfur over the counter stuff like Mario Badescu helps.