Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Polka

F***ing hate dermatologists and gps

I had really severe acne and my derm and gp would not let me go on accutane. Now, my face is scarred all over.

WHen I read the posts here, I see people on accutane for mild-moderate acne. I don't understand it. No offense to them, but why was I denied it when others with much less severe acne can use it?

I'm feeling quite bitter now. I have a shitty face to live with and feel like shit. I feel really hopeless

A lot of dermatologists don't want the risk of being sued.

It is a very harsh drug indeed.

Are you a girl? I think they are more likely to give it to guys because they obviously can't get pregnant (have malformed infants).

Some derms are more lenient than others, definitely..it might be worth trying another derm. And i agree with mrrreeow, if you're a lad-ay, some are more hesitant to put people on it because of baby things. I know in the UK, they're hesitant and they're hesitant to put girls on for longer than 4 months because of the risks it runs.

Hang in their matey. eusa_doh.gif

Frankie smile.gif

Hi

I saw a private and nhs dermatologist. Both said it was pretty severe. Both said it looks like it is hormonal, so will go away after puberty. I return now, at 19, and the derm says acne seems to be lasting till the mid 20's, implying it to me.

Both said stick on the crappy oxytet which didn't do anything. This was a few years back. My face is severely scarred all over. I'm really resentful of this fact. I'm a guy by the way.

My opinion, I go to provate doctors and they are so much more kind then the state hospitals, no offense to them (as they are very busy)

Still, feeling very angry today.

when u get accutane dont u sign any legal docs that say if i die then i cant sue or some shit?

Yeah, go to a different derm.. Accutane is so worth it. Believe me, I was on it twice and it cleared me up both times.

when u get accutane dont u sign any legal docs that say if i die then i cant sue or some shit?

Hi

I saw a private and nhs dermatologist. Both said it was pretty severe. Both said it looks like it is hormonal, so will go away after puberty. I return now, at 19, and the derm says acne seems to be lasting till the mid 20's, implying it to me.

Both said stick on the crappy oxytet which didn't do anything. This was a few years back. My face is severely scarred all over. I'm really resentful of this fact. I'm a guy by the way.

My opinion, I go to provate doctors and they are so much more kind then the state hospitals, no offense to them (as they are very busy)

Still, feeling very angry today.

Hey Ben, i think each derm differs cos i really trust mine and respect him. He deals with people excellently. Good luck with your derm appointment, you just have to be really firm and if they hesitant really reiterate how its making you feel. I didnt have to fight, i was lucky enough to look absolutely terrible . neutral.gif

Best of luck, let us know how it goes.

Frankie,

p.s: whih hopsital did you go to just out of interest.I wouldnt imagine its addenbrookes but if it is..you're in good hands!

Hi, mostly clear now. Acne is mild, but not clear enough to try any scar removal treatment. I also don't have the money anyway.

So all in all, my scars are very severe, so I feel really hopeless.

====

Yeh I went prvate because the NHS wait was some 11 months at the time.

Nah i'm at a hospital in norfolk. I have thought about asking if I can go to addenbrookes as I hear their dermatology department is supposed to be really good.