Notifications
Clear all

Frustrated 20 Year Old Woman...sick Of The Cysts!

MemberMember
(@dezy0616)

Posted : 11/02/2014 11:37 am

Hello my names Paige,

I am new to the site and would like to say hello! :)

I am in need of advice because i am at a loss of what to do anymore....here what I've tried so far;

Prescribed B.P, was on doxycycline for almost 2 years....worked sort of but didnt have the money to continue BP(60.00$ and I was only 17 at the time) and the doxycyline was no longer a free antibiotic where I lived and a month prescription was going to cost me 125.00$!! Crazy...I then tried using Burt's Bee's Acne Cleanser, St. Ives Green Tea Cleanser, Neutrogena Naturals w/ Make up remover cleanser, Neutrogena Cleanser Bar Frangrence-Free....

I have also tried going the "natural" route for the past year or so after that. Went from washing my face with only honey. oatmeal, and ACV/EPSOM Salt toner. Then I tried African Black soap(which did help control cysts, sometimes.) I went from having 10 cysts on each cheek a day to about 3-4 cysts a week. I have very bad cystic acne, It hurts, swells, and almost looks like tiny jawbreaker sized lumps under my skin. But I think the ABS stopped working for me because I started breaking out very bad again and went back to the Neutrogena Face Bar again because it was cheap and had once worked on my skin....I still use my ACV/Epsom Salt toner and sometimes use the epsom salt as a mask to dry out cysts....at the moment im still strapped on cash...but just recently staretd breaking out really bad again around my upper cheek bones, under my nose and on lower jaw-lines..

It is so frustrating for me being the only girl I know with bad acne....its also embarrassing I need some help on figuring out what time of routine I need im tired of trying and never succeeding....

I have combo skin that drys easy. I am very sensitive to anything on my face I wear all organic face powder and organic concealer to hide pimples(never foundation, root of all evils!). I also use Mario Badescu's Drying Cream for spot treatment..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I would lvoe to hear some feedback on things that have worked for you,

Best regards,

P. :)

MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 11/03/2014 6:58 am

Would you consider birth control, cystic acne is usually hormonal and birth control can really help to settle things down, there are certain types that are more skin friendly than others. I was on dianette and now cilest ( not sure of the US names) and my acne is pretty much gone, it took about 3-6 months to really clear up but those sore cysts I used to get on my cheeks and jaw line are a thing of the past now. xx