What Is This On My ...

Notifications
Clear all

What Is This On My Nose?! Help.

MemberMember
(@heartbound1)

Posted : 10/29/2014 3:45 pm

Hello all, I'm in desperate need of help. I am a 20 year old male, and have never really had problems with acne up until a few years ago. I had a relatively oily nose, and would always get pimples on my nose, and of course, like the idiot I am, I popped them. I am just now noticing these weird RAISED bumps on my nose. Theyre super visible under the right lighting. They aren't hard, and they're fleshed-colored, the most noticeable one is right at the tip of my nose. I have included some pictures below. I believe it is Sebaceous Hyperplasia, some sort of oil build up. It's ruining my life, and I dont have a lot of money for super-expensive treatments. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME IDENTIFY THESE UGLY THINGS. Theyre ruining my self-esteem and my life.

post-432578-0-25234700-1414615275_thumb.

post-432578-0-94803200-1414615492_thumb.

MemberMember
(@cvd)

Posted : 10/30/2014 10:35 am

This is a form of acne...closed raised comedones. They don't look red or infected but are pores that are extended with excess sebum. You can get rid of these flesh colored bumps by using a BP cleanser or topical...or using a salicylic acid product. You need something that will help peel your skin to open the pores, thus helping the accumulated sebum to dry up and be expelled. Don't squeeze this type of acne because the pore walls may rupture resulting in cysts or at least infected pimples. Getting rid of comedones takes patience and diligent use of the product you choose (BP or salicylic acid). It would be best to see a dermatologist who can determine what product will work the best.

MemberMember
(@heartbound1)

Posted : 11/03/2014 4:04 pm

This is a form of acne...closed raised comedones. They don't look red or infected but are pores that are extended with excess sebum. You can get rid of these flesh colored bumps by using a BP cleanser or topical...or using a salicylic acid product. You need something that will help peel your skin to open the pores, thus helping the accumulated sebum to dry up and be expelled. Don't squeeze this type of acne because the pore walls may rupture resulting in cysts or at least infected pimples. Getting rid of comedones takes patience and diligent use of the product you choose (BP or salicylic acid). It would be best to see a dermatologist who can determine what product will work the best.

Thank you for replying! BP stands for Benzoyl Peroxide correct? Would seeing a dermatologist be 100% necessary? Or do you think I could resolve this on my own?

MemberMember
(@yuvi321)

Posted : 11/05/2014 10:18 am

Dude even i have the same in my nose all over and in my lower jaw area .It is due to popping them out , It can't be cleared as he said .The only way to remove this and resurface your nose area is to inject .Go see a dermatologist and ask him to remove it.He will use a tiny needle to remove all those ,It will pain equal to insulin . After injecting post the results here !

MemberMember
(@heartbound1)

Posted : 11/06/2014 1:54 pm

Dude even i have the same in my nose all over and in my lower jaw area .It is due to popping them out , It can't be cleared as he said .The only way to remove this and resurface your nose area is to inject .Go see a dermatologist and ask him to remove it.He will use a tiny needle to remove all those ,It will pain equal to insulin . After injecting post the results here !

He didnt say it couldnt be cleared up, he just said it takes diligent use of a product with Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicyclic acid.

MemberMember
(@yuvi321)

Posted : 11/07/2014 7:26 am

That won't help for sure !

MemberMember
(@heartbound1)

Posted : 11/07/2014 12:46 pm

That won't help for sure !

Well do you have any idea on how much the procedure would cost? The one you mentioned? And have you done it before?

MemberMember
(@heartbound1)

Posted : 11/12/2014 11:01 am

Bump