Notifications
Clear all

How Long Does The Pill Take To Work?

MemberMember
(@marievalencia)

Posted : 10/28/2014 9:51 pm

I've been on the pill for a month and two weeks now. It was prescriped to help my very irregular period as well as my moderate to severe acne on my face and also the moderate acne on my back. But it has only worsened my acne so far. I have this huge cyst on my cheek that is like a giant ball of isk what and it hurta so much it even got kinda purple, it has more smaller (but not small) bumps around that are also very painful and my other cheek is exactly the same just without the big ass bump. I've been getting A LOT of break outs in my forehead (A LOT) and that didn't happen since I was 13. I am now 17. Please help this is horrible I get bullied everyday people always stare at my pimples they never look me in the eyes I just want to know how much more time will the pill take. Are there any diet specifics to help it? I don't smoke and I am a virgin (not sexually active) not sure if that is of any use but my gyn said it was important. Is it safe to drink while on the pill? Pleeeease help :(

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 10/29/2014 12:43 pm

Hello Marie,

I would recommend that you consult your doctor. Some women do get side effects from estrogen and progestin which are the main ingredients on oral contraceptives. There are many options to choose from and I hope you do find the right pill for you. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 10/29/2014 1:05 pm

Hi

Sometimes the pill takes 3-6 months to improve your skin and sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. It can be different for everyone and it depends which pill you are on as well.

Which birth control pill are you on?

MemberMember
(@marievalencia)

Posted : 10/29/2014 7:49 pm

It's called Radiance20. I believe they are not available in the US so I'll put the info here.

Each peach-colored tablet contains: 3 mg drospirenone, Ethinylestradiol 20 mcg. Excipient c.b.p. 1 tablet.

Each yellow-colored tablet contains: 3 mg drospirenone, Ethinylestradiol 30 mcg. Excipient c.b.p. 1 tablet.

Each white tablet contains: Excipient c.b.p. 1 tablet.

I think I only take the peach tablets though, not the yellow ones (I got the general info from the web but I only take the peach ones because I was prescribed a low dose, the yellow ones come in another box called only Radiance).

MemberMember
(@lauren98)

Posted : 11/02/2014 12:47 am

I'm in the same situation. I'm half way through my second pack of marvelon and my skin looks terrible, I feel like some kind of reptile. I thought it was just an initial breakout but now I'm worried that it's going to stay like this. I'll let you know if my skin gets better